Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a MagnaFlow Axle back exhaust almost two weeks ago from HottExhaust on line. Got it today. Hopefully have it installed by Saturday.
They were pretty cheap since they gave a 25% off discount with free shipping. Being in Canada we got the same prices as the US. Most places are selling this between $600-$700 plus dollars. I paid $560.99. Here’s some pics. Part number is 19206. Three inch tubing stainless steel with 3.5 inch quad tips and the pipe extensions for OEM Tip option keeping the stock tips. The install is pretty simple.
Here’s the instruction guide too.
http://www.hottexhaust.com/content/pdf/19206.pdf

Attachments

Reactions: Shawn Smith

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think this might be the same as if you were to just cut the rear resonator/suitcase looking things and just straight pipeing it. I could be wrong... but after your install let me know how the sound is... is it loud outside? Are there any interior drone inside? i'm curious....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No real notable droning. It sounds great. It denitley has a lower rumble to it. My car did not have the suitcase size resonators. Mine were the smaller straight thru cans. See the pic in my other thread. I chose this option because I don’t like the tinny raspy sound. Too high pitched for me.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you still enjoying the sound after having it a few months? Also, did you do a mid-muffler delete as well? Thanks!
Oh yes! Actually took the car for a nice ride today after a 3.5 month winter hiatus. I love this set up: let it go on the on ramp to the expressway and it backfires or cracks right thru 1st to 4th gear as it shifts. I wasn't out an hour and got 4 thumbs up on the sound alone. No muffler delete. I didn't want to go that route. I personally don't like the sound. IMO! This set up is plenty loud enough.
Thx for asking:)

Reactions: Shawn Smith
1 - 6 of 6 Posts