Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up Demon Friday and it's BAD AZ
I am amazed at how awesome and tight it drives in the normal setting.
Even on winding n twisty roads so killer n tight.
You don't even know or feel it shifting gears in town so damn smooth driving around.
Who ever said it's only good for straight lines is full of crap!
This thing is nasty!
And then of coarse there's that Drag setting, lol
I ordered Go Mango with all the options with sunroof.
Standing in front of the car and to the side, I could stare at it forever, these rims and big ol tires on all 4 corners make it look so bad az.
At first in pictures I wasn't really digging the fender flares, but in person this car is just killer looking with its stance.
I was originally thinking about flipping it since I already have a killer built 09, but after talking myself into driving it up the driveway, then just to the stop sign, then around the block, then to town, then finally Drag mode, by the time I got home it was clear that this will be staying here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
586 Posts
Nice pair you got there.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
Congrats on a bad ass car. I'm guessing red is your favorite color :smile:

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts
Congrats on a bad ass car. I'm guessing red is your favorite color :smile:
those are orange colors

the '09 is Hemi Orange

the '18 Demon is GoMango (orange color)

there's some reddish overtones depending on lighting (and digital camera settings), but the GoMango has gold pearl which gives it a deeper tone than Hemi Orange

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats! Love both cars! I have yet to see a Demon in my area.
Thanks for showing the great cars! Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts
I was excited about the Demon until I saw the Tesla roadster numbers.

Still a cool looking car though.
At $200k - other choices I'd pick...but then again, I really wouldn't want to spend that much on a car.

The original Tesla roadsters came along in '08 and they were above $100k - there's a number of low mile examples that can be had in the $40k range.

That's a big hit - especially on an electric vehicle that doesn't have ICE and drivetrain that would have wear like a conventional vehicle. Imagine having $100k depreciation on the current one - yikes.

·
Registered
328 Posts
What is the 1/4 time for the Tesla?

NICE car! If the older model isn't my daily driver, I think I know what I'd do. Have you pulled the front wheels yet :)

EDIT: looked it up. claimed 8.8 1/4. meh...still won't be as fun, I wonder if you get an engine sound mp3 with it? I bet for another $100K, any Challenger can beat it too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Congrats! Looks great mine is Go Mango with the Black Graphics Package. Currently built and at the upfitter.

Need more pics and vids ASAP!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Awesome car!

Curious if the recommended break-in is similar to the regular Hellcat or do they a factory break-in?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am amazed at how awesome and tight it drives in the normal setting.
Even on winding n twisty roads so killer n tight.
You don't even know or feel it shifting gears in town so damn smooth driving around.
Who ever said it's only good for straight lines is full of crap!
This thing is nasty!
And then of coarse there's that Drag setting, lol
I ordered Go Mango with all the options with sunroof.
Standing in front of the car and to the side, I could stare at it forever, these rims and big ol tires on all 4 corners make it look so bad az.
At first in pictures I wasn't really digging the fender flares, but in person this car is just killer looking with its stance.
I was originally thinking about flipping it since I already have a killer built 09, but after talking myself into driving it up the driveway, then just to the stop sign, then around the block, then to town, then finally Drag mode, by the time I got home it was clear that this will be staying here.
I have a local buddy that has gotten his Demon and he is well pleased with it.
In fact I took him to pick it up at the Dodge Dealership.

Your the only one I have read about that has the optional Sunroof. :thumbsup:

If I had one I would have wanted the Sunroof also.

Fun times :wink3:

My buddies Demon,

Thanks for sharing the pictures,
Terry

·
Vendor
5,655 Posts
Congrats on the Demon! Love the color, too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
OP - I'm GWE! Lovely car in a seriously striking colour :grin2:

I was excited about the Demon until I saw the Tesla roadster numbers.
I think it's a pretty safe bet that electric cars are "the future" (whether that's all of it, most, or some) and that electric cars seem to have some real advantages in 1/4 mile racing over ICE (not so great for endurance events!)

But - I have the choice of spending a fortune on the bleeding edge technology and using my time and money to do R&D for the car manufacturers, OR spending it on the Last Hurrah of the ICE, the last generation of V8 muscle cars.

There'll be plenty of electric cars for me to enjoy in 20 years when I need my invalid carriage - but I'm not sure there'll be much in the way of big V8s around. Get 'em while you can :wink3:

·
Super Moderator
13,594 Posts
I already have a killer built 09, but after talking myself into driving it up the driveway, then just to the stop sign, then around the block, then to town, then finally Drag mode, by the time I got home it was clear that this will be staying here.
Beautiful car. Good luck with it.

Just curious...How does the Demon compare to your monster 2009 Challenger? What was your time at the track for the 426?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Congratulations on that Beauty! Enjoy!

I had a 2010 R/T in Hemi Orange and think that GoMango is just an awesome color and I think it really matches the Challenger retro look the best!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts