Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says.... Finally.... 2 days shy of a full 12 week wait, my car has arrived. To say that I've been stressed out business wise for the last three months would be an understatement... so to have something go right without me having to being involved, is a definite bonus. The car came in perfect... no issues with the order and the dealer was SUBLIME to do business with.... A Big shout out to Mullen Motors in Southold NY... they were a terrific no BS, old school dealer......no haggling, they gave me a great price right upfront, the rebate and 0 % interest.... Sarah and Kate were on top of any issue that arose so everything went smoothly. Rich and Bill Mullen making the calls to find out where the car was until it arrived... Service doesn't get any better.
With that said...... pictures ? HMM well since I'm not great with the computer stuff lets do this the old way..... Close your eyes... picture an Indigo blue, Widebody Scatpack Challenger with Red Calipers and black interior .... Yep... thats mine :grin2:

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,276 Posts
congrats!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
You are going to love it!!
Get mud flaps.
I did not and have road rash on the leading edge of the rear flairs and have twice had to clean an ass load of grease off the sides of the car.
But other than that KICKS ASS!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,479 Posts
Congrats!

A Guy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are going to love it!!
Get mud flaps.
I did not and have road rash on the leading edge of the rear flairs and have twice had to clean an ass load of grease off the sides of the car.
But other than that KICKS ASS!!!
Yes I ordered the Swaim brand, but when the dealer went to install them, they said they would have to drill into the car to mount them.... I was under the impression that no new holes were needed, so they are looking into getting me a set from Mopar.. so at the moment I'm guard less.... hopefully by next week...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes I ordered the Swaim brand, but when the dealer went to install them, they said they would have to drill into the car to mount them.... I was under the impression that no new holes were needed, so they are looking into getting me a set from Mopar.. so at the moment I'm guard less.... hopefully by next week...

I went with the Swaim brand, the holes that are needed are so small they will not be noticeable if you have to remove the mudguards for any reason. They provide better swept area coverage for minimizing debris hitting the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,422 Posts
Sounds great, congrats on your new ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats! From the looks of things, the WB's that were ordered within the last few months are starting to ship. I've noticed a few showing up at dealerships around me. Hopefully mine is going to be one of those. I ordered it on 4/20 and it just left the Budd yard on Tuesday, heading to Toledo then heading here to the Chicago area. It's an Indigo blue one too.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Congratulations! You will love the car.
I’m not putting any mud guards on my Scat Pack Wide Body. I prefer to not put any holes, big or small, on my car. It looks much nicer without mud guards. Another thing. I’ve come down here to Boca Raton for the week on business and I see a lot of Challengers on the highways here and none of them have mud flaps on them. I must say, they all look much nicer without the mud flaps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've already got a roll of the 3m paint protection film. After what I've read, I have a pretty good idea of where I will apply it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congrats! I've had mine for a month and I still can't believe it. Every time I go out to the driveway I smile and it gets bigger when I am driving!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Glad you said its the bomb and not "its dope". I hate that phrase. My 13yr old uses that alot. Lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congratulations! You will love the car.
I’m not putting any mud guards on my Scat Pack Wide Body. I prefer to not put any holes, big or small, on my car. It looks much nicer without mud guards. Another thing. I’ve come down here to Boca Raton for the week on business and I see a lot of Challengers on the highways here and none of them have mud flaps on them. I must say, they all look much nicer without the mud flaps.
The ZLI brand guards fit on with clips. Those are the ones I am going with. Pickup some road tar and don't want to see that happen again. I'd rather not add them but I think I will this time.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congrats! From the looks of things, the WB's that were ordered within the last few months are starting to ship. I've noticed a few showing up at dealerships around me. Hopefully mine is going to be one of those. I ordered it on 4/20 and it just left the Budd yard on Tuesday, heading to Toledo then heading here to the Chicago area. It's an Indigo blue one too.
They are showing up around here now too-but their prices are going up quite a bit. I didn't really care too much about price initially, but I am starting to think I got a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats! You and I ordered nearly the same exact car, lol. I put the Swaims on mine and I love the look but I'll admit that might be subjective.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts