Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up some 20x10 / 20x8.5 chrome Torq Thrust M that I found on CraigsList. Got them for 1/2 of what they sell for on Summit/Jegs. They are in awesome shape with no damage. The guy traded in his Challenger for a 5.0 Mustang & they wouldn't kick in any extra for the AR wheels. I plan on running 315's but for now I have some 275's with about 10k on miles on them.

My 'o9 Challenger w/the chrome clads.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That's a good score. I really like those wheels, Plus you get the fat out back. congrats.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sweet man they look good Pix when you get them on the car

·
Registered
627 Posts
Got them on today & put some almost new 275's out back I already had. Once those are wore out I am planning on doing 315's but I don't know how much suspension travel down the thing has & if it can be limited somehow to not it the fenders.

I would look around on here before putting 315's on there...if you plan anytime in the future to lower your stance, you are may run into an issue. I have 295's with a SRT syspension and they are close to the wheel lip. Of course, offset plays a big part. YMMV

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would look around on here before putting 315's on there...if you plan anytime in the future to lower your stance, you are may run into an issue. I have 295's with a SRT syspension and they are close to the wheel lip. Of course, offset plays a big part. YMMV
I won't lower the rear, only the front, got to have that hot rod stance.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I won't lower the rear, only the front, got to have that hot rod stance.
315/35R20 are only approved on 10.5" to 12.5" wide wheels, the 20x10s are too narrow and you may have difficulty getting a shop to mount them due to the liability involved. That's not to say that people haven't done it, the wheels you have just don't fall within the approved wheel sizes set by tire manufacturers.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I was concerned with getting my 315/35ZR20s mounted on my 20x10 wheels as well. So I called Discount tire before purchasing the tires to see if they would mount them. They said sure, no problem. FYI, some 315/35s run narrower than others, for example my Nitto Invos pictured below are narrower than say a Michelin. My tires handle great, no issues. Keep in mind my rear wheels are +30 offset so your wheel/tire combo will stick 12mm further outside the wheel well comparatively. Hope that helps you.
:cheers:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got the 315/35ZR20 mounted up just in time for winter weather. They fit the rims good & fill the fenderwell good as well. I am going to need to roll the fender lips because with back seat passengers harsh bumps at highway speed barely run.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Finally got the 315/35ZR20 mounted up just in time for winter weather. They fit the rims good & fill the fenderwell good as well. I am going to need to roll the fender lips because with back seat passengers harsh bumps at highway speed barely run.

Is that factory height? If so is it an stp? It sits much lower in the rear than my R/T running the same size tire and wheel. Definitely looks like a fender roll would help if you are only just slightly rubbing in extreme cases.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts