Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm in SWFL and have the 500's on my 15 SRT. Holding up well. Has good grip. Wet holds well. Dry is pretty sticky. Got plenty left on them after 1.5 years and I'm not easy on them. Only thing I could complain about is they tend to be a little out of balance for the first couple of miles til they warm up. I don't notice it anymore after 10k miles. I call that a trade off for the cost vs performance. Sure, there are much better tires out there but not for what the 500's cost. I probably will buy again when the time comes. I also can pull 1g turns and stops with them. I vote for the 500's.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I went with the General GMAX RS on my Scat Pack, $152 each at Discount Tire with a AA traction rating and a 45K mile treadwear rating, these were a vast improvement ocer the OEM Eagle F1's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ended up getting the Firestone’s. Gave my shop director a great deal on car for his daughter. So not only did I get the tires for quite a bit less than tire rack has them but I’m also getting the mount balance and alignment free 😀.

side note. Installed a Mfr wickerbill last night Just to satisfy my inner ricer a bit. Still on the fence About it. I’ll rock it for a bit and make up my mind. Might end up swapping it out for something more subtle.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,405 Posts
...Gave my shop director a great deal on car for his daughter...
I read that as "Gave my shop director a great deal on my car for his daughter"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I read that as "Gave my shop director a great deal on my car for his daughter"
Yeah no lol. I bought this car from the start with the idea of it being a second car and doing a full build. It’s not going anywhere... ever.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
619 Posts
..... side note. Installed a Mfr wickerbill last night Just to satisfy my inner ricer a bit. Still on the fence About it. I’ll rock it for a bit and make up my mind. Might end up swapping it out for something more subtle.
This made me smile.

A couple of us were just talking about this at a Cruise In a couple of weeks ago. I hate to admit it .... but between wicker bills, front splitters, side splitters, rear diffusers (that I kind of lust for), light kits, and graphics covering entire quarter panels - and more .... Challengers have become about what Honda Civics were 20 years ago.

BTW ... a bunch of local Challenger owners have put the Downforce Solutions Wicker Bill on their cars and are very happy with it. Same with their front splitter. Though I don't care for the new ones that have the option to light up.

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This made me smile.

A couple of us were just talking about this at a Cruise In a couple of weeks ago. I hate to admit it .... but between wicker bills, front splitters, side splitters, rear diffusers (that I kind of lust for), light kits, and graphics covering entire quarter panels - and more .... Challengers have become about what Honda Civics were 20 years ago.

BTW ... a bunch of local Challenger owners have put the Downforce Solutions Wicker Bill on their cars and are very happy with it. Same with their front splitter. Though I don't care for the new ones that have the option to light up.
I grew up in that time butI had a nsrt and csrt. My cars were always subtle and I spent my money on making them faster. so this big spatula on my deck lid now is kinda off putting. But whatever I’ll keep it for a while and if I get sick of it I’ll switch for a cf hellcat style or something more factory looking.

but yes, some of these cars on the toad do look like they were magnetized and driven through a pep boys APC aisle.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts