Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a 2014 CORE SRT8 on October 16th, car came in yesterday at 4:30pm but my lazy dealership wouldn't prep the car for pickup until today. Finally get to take the Challenger for a ride (I've test driven a 5A and 6M RT model, never the SRT). I'm the most impatient person EVER and can't believe I have to wait until after work today. Today is going to drag by so slow!!! 10 more hours....

Here's what I ordered:
2014 Black SRT8 Core 6M
UConnect 430N
Power Sunroof
Power Convenience Package.

Hope I'm not disappointed buying a car withoout a test drive, I dont think I will be. Past cars (in order) were 2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2006 Acura RSX, 2008 BMW 328xi, 2011 Jeep Wrangler (giving back a lemon for the SRT)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Cool man. I can't imagine how difficult your wait must be or the excitement of picking up a built to order SRT! I purchased my first SRT without a test drive too. I've had mine for 2 yrs now and still LOVE IT!. Many days I will leave it in the driveway instead of in the garage just so I can see it out in the open where it looks best. IMO, it looks its best on grey overcast days.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
501 Posts
interesting the way you worded that my first!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats! Make sure you post pics whenever you get the chance!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Congrats, and double check that everything you ordered is indeed on the car!
Follow the engine break in instructions in the owners manual too. Here they are, have fun!:

ENGINE BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATION — SRT8 VERSION
• A long break-in period is not required for the drivetrain (engine, transmission, and rear
axle) in your new vehicle.
• Drive moderately during the first 500 miles (800 km). After the initial 60 miles (100 km),
speeds up to 50 or 55 mph (80 or 90 km/h) are desirable.
• While cruising, brief full-throttle acceleration within the limits of local traffic laws contributes
to a good break-in. However, wide-open throttle acceleration in low gear can be
detrimental and should be avoided.
• The engine oil is a high performance synthetic lubricant, the transmission fluid, and axle
lubricant installed at the factory is high-quality and energy-conserving. Oil, fluid, and
lubricant changes should be consistent with anticipated climate and conditions under
which vehicle operations will occur. For the recommended viscosity and quality grades,
refer to “Maintaining Your Vehicle”.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
(giving back a lemon for the SRT)
Funny. I got into my first 392 as part of a vehicle replacement from Chrysler for a 300S V6 which I bought new, but it seems the dealer had had at a local auto show.

Up to that point I had owned several SRTs before: 300Cs, Magnums...but I wasn't ready for the Challenger; when I test drove it I was W O W ! ! !

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Now go visit shophemi.com and let the modding begin! Congrats on a great car!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Now go visit shophemi.com and let the modding begin! Congrats on a great car!
Another great bookmark to feed my new addiction.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Less than a month...

...from order to delivery. That must be a record. It took 80 days for my RT to arrive. I hope my SRT doesn't take that long.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...from order to delivery. That must be a record. It took 80 days for my RT to arrive. I hope my SRT doesn't take that long.
Yes 29 days from order to delivery. Again I attribute part of the quick turnaround to the "hot tag" they put on the car since this resulted as a return of my lemon Jeep.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
You will love that SRT! I bought my challenger GWE without testing one challenger! I purchased a 2010 RT charger fully loaded for my wife in early 2010 and I loved that car! I traded my C6 in to the dealer and have not regretted on my decision! ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384611611.240170.jpg Now I have comfort power and the badass heritage of the 70 sitting in my garage! ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384611764.276167.jpg I love these cars!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Even though you didn't test drive, you shouldn't be disappointed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered a 2014 CORE SRT8 on October 16th, car came in yesterday at 4:30pm but my lazy dealership wouldn't prep the car for pickup until today. Finally get to take the Challenger for a ride (I've test driven a 5A and 6M RT model, never the SRT). I'm the most impatient person EVER and can't believe I have to wait until after work today. Today is going to drag by so slow!!! 10 more hours....

Here's what I ordered:
2014 Black SRT8 Core 6M
UConnect 430N
Power Sunroof
Power Convenience Package.

Hope I'm not disappointed buying a car withoout a test drive, I dont think I will be. Past cars (in order) were 2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2006 Acura RSX, 2008 BMW 328xi, 2011 Jeep Wrangler (giving back a lemon for the SRT)

How much did you pay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought mine today! Cant get it till tomorrow afternoon though. Tor red with stripe delete and the black vapor rims. I cannot wait to get it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts