Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a ton of research on this car and am super excited to pick it up today. I got the GT with Triple nickle, blackout package and cold weather group.

Please let me know what you would recommend i should do to this car. It is going to be my daily driver. I live in upstate NY.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,658 Posts
I have done a ton of research on this car and am super excited to pick it up today. I got the GT with Triple nickle, blackout package and cold weather group.

Please let me know what you would recommend i should do to this car. It is going to be my daily driver. I live in upstate NY.
Do to the new car?

How about read the owners manual and follow the break in guidelines.

If not forbidden by the owners manual change the oil early: say at 500, 2K, 5K miles then every 5K miles thereafter or if the manual calls for oil changes at a lower mileage follow the manual.

Leave the car stock.

Keep the car clean.

Enjoy the car.

I've done the above for every car I've owned but one -- my first car, used car -- and for those cars I decided to keep for a long time -- in one case 15 years and 317K miles -- the car delivered a long and trouble free service life. The other cars were trouble free too just in some cases I tired of the car and wanted a change.

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
Get a set of Mopar splash guards since you got the AWD for the snow I'm guessing. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Since you are in upstate New York, I hope you went with AWD. Triple nickel is a new color, so I can't wait to see you post some pictures of your new ride. :)

Reactions: Jobofly

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
I thought the GT models were all wheel drive? Am I wrong about that?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Get an Oil Catch Can from UPR products. I chose the fender mount option, it's slick.

Enjoy! Nice looking ride bud.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts
Lol, splitter police , open the door! :D

The SXT and GT are both available in either RWD or AWD now. They have positioned the GT as a higher than base trim. Comes with the former SRT hood as pictured above, the Performance Handling Group is available with 4 piston Brembos. all wheels are 20", and all GT come with the 3.07 rear gears I believe

Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Congrats!

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
485 Posts
Those guards are put on for protection during shipping and are usually removed.
And if not removed, some have reported scuffing to the pieces that are covered.

Sweet looking ride, enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! She's a beauty. Did they stop putting the GT badge on the sides?
Blacktop package has no fender badges. You'd think they'd make some black ones...guess they figured they weren't necessary. Looking at 2019s, I don't see any fender badges...

A Guy

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm heading for my third winter with my GT. It's an awesome winter car. I'm in Geneva, if you're near by I'd be willing to show you the stuff I've done to mine. It's Billet silver........................the Mailman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just ordered a spectre cold air intake and a oil catch can kit. I’ll post some photos when they are installed.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Lol, splitter police , open the door! :D

The SXT and GT are both available in either RWD or AWD now. They have positioned the GT as a higher than base trim. Comes with the former SRT hood as pictured above, the Performance Handling Group is available with 4 piston Brembos. all wheels are 20", and all GT come with the 3.07 rear gears I believe

Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Congrats!

A Guy
20” wheels on AWD models? Thought they all had 19”?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts