Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured we could share some shots of 392s doing what they do best.

Here's mine:

Never liked those tires anyway. ;) Full size pics here and here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cool to see fat burnout marks right in front of Challenger!! The tire smoke also makes for good contrast with the relections on black paint. Nice camera work!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
do you get rubber sprayed all over the back fenders?

how do you get it off?
I've never had that happen with street tires but put some painters tape on the fenders before you do the burnout.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
so you carry painters tape in your car at all times?

when you want to show off for someone you stop the car, get out, tape your rear , get back in the car and do a burn out?

the IE that got 12.44 1/4 mile had rubber all over the back 1/4....he was supposed to have stock F1's

·
Registered
939 Posts
so you carry painters tape in your car at all times?

when you want to show off for someone you stop the car, get out, tape your rear , get back in the car and do a burn out?

the IE that got 12.44 1/4 mile had rubber all over the back 1/4....he was supposed to have stock F1's
No if someone wants me to show off I just do a burnout, notice I said I've never had that happen with street tires. Maybe the 392 that ran 12.44 did have the F1s I don't know but I've never seen street tires do that.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would never do that to a brand new car lol but props to you! Pics look sick!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for the new desktop pic man!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
When I had my 408 Dakota, I got rubber all over the rear lower fender and I had street tires. I think it happens when you go through the water and then do a nasty burnout before staging.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you get rubber sprayed all over the back fenders?

how do you get it off?
Yeah, it gets a little rubbery. :) Rubber's not hard to get off, especially if it was clean and waxed to begin with. Just wipes off during a hand wash. You should see some of my Buicks - rear quarters look like they've been undercoated. Usually folks put tape on at the track to avoid getting rock chips off of the stickies - it's a good idea if you're really worried about repainting it.

This thing is finally a serious muscle car. As far as I can tell, SRT made it to do burnouts. Next on the list are the Nitto DRs in 275/40/20 - we'll see if those stick better when they're hot. As it is, any attempt at a decent 60' time ends up in a smoke show.

Thinking it needs a Corsa XTreme too. . . and if the Nittos hook up, maybe a blower to make it useless all over again. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
490 Posts
Black and silver looks awesome. Those wheels on that car look the best I've seen.

·
Registered
490 Posts
This thing is finally a serious muscle car. As far as I can tell, SRT made it to do burnouts. Next on the list are the Nitto DRs in 275/40/20 - we'll see if those stick better when they're hot. As it is, any attempt at a decent 60' time ends up in a smoke show.

Thinking it needs a Corsa XTreme too. . . and if the Nittos hook up, maybe a blower to make it useless all over again. :)
Or stand up! I'd pay to see that. :guiness:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts