Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Whenever anyone tells me these things can't handle the turns, I immediately tell them they need to drive a scat pack with the dynamic handling package. I was completely blown away after spending a day at Bondurant, buy how well the SRT challengers did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I lucked up and a photographer snapped some shots of my Challenger a few events ago at Road Atlanta. I have to say, the one comment that always makes me smile ear to ear is when we go to class after a session and everyone asks who was in the Challenger. Their next comment is always, "I never knew a Challenger could be so fast in the turns, I have a new respect for Dodge". Granted, this is in HPDE2 with NASA SE. However, its pretty amazing what our cars can do with some sway bars/strut bars and Michelin PS4 tires.

View attachment 989723

View attachment 989724 View attachment 989725
Now that is one fine looking car!! Very nice..

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
When they say we can't turn left and right I simply get my phone out, go to my YouTube Channel and ask them what they would like to see a Challenger go around, because I likely have a movie of it. Got to love it guys, these are fun machines and well balanced for street, strip AND track!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I lucked up and a photographer snapped some shots of my Challenger a few events ago at Road Atlanta. I have to say, the one comment that always makes me smile ear to ear is when we go to class after a session and everyone asks who was in the Challenger. Their next comment is always, "I never knew a Challenger could be so fast in the turns, I have a new respect for Dodge". Granted, this is in HPDE2 with NASA SE. However, its pretty amazing what our cars can do with some sway bars/strut bars and Michelin PS4 tires.

View attachment 989723

View attachment 989724 View attachment 989725
I know what you mean. The first event I ever did was Sonoma. In between runs, these guys running Porches, BMW M3s, etc kept coming looking at my stock Challenger R/T Plus. They'd check out my tires (made in Thailand, OHTSUs, haha) and shake their heads.I had so much fun at that event, I started researching and found out about NASA. Since then in NASA HPDE 1 & 2, similar comments. After my first HPDE1 day at Wild Horse Pass East Track, one of the guys who is a regular came to me and said thanks, it's so good to see those cars out on the track. I had a 73 340 'Cuda back in the day that I thought was bad ass. This car is so, so much better than that car. (Although, I love the looks of the 'Cuda, and the stock exhaust sounded great). It's funny, there are guys at these events running Z06 Vettes, Mustangs, etc. I really think I'm learning more and getting more out of my time with this Challenger. Definitely learning about marginal brakes, traction problems both understeer and oversteer. I think it is making me a better driver, and as I improve, I'm improving things on the car one thing at a time. I wish I'd found out about this 40 years ago!

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,272 Posts
I got my strut braces from petty racing and also my sub frame connectors bolt on version and they never loosened up nice quality nice bunch of guys to deal with and will paint them what color you want no matter where you go the prices are all about the same when I bought them btw road courses are awesome

21 - 26 of 26 Posts