Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pics of the Dual Color SMD LED Halo lights I installed in my Hemi Orange 2009 Challenger R/T over the Christmas break. They turned out awesome however it was a MUCH bigger job than I ever anticipated. Video to follow as well.

The white Halos are hooked to a remote control multi-function box so I turn them on and off by remote anytime and they also strobe, dim, and have the breathing function.

The RED are operated by a switch I installed in the coin tray on the front of my console. I also installed a red and a white button led in the console so I can tell when they are on and for the whites, I also know what mode they are in.

The white I can legally drive with them on solid, the reds are not legal for driving.

They are MUCH MUCH brighter than the pics look as I toned down the shots so they didn't glare. You'll see from the video that they are very bright and I couldn't get the video to not glare.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
I absolutely love them!!!!! I do have a few questions though. First, your regular headlights are still intact correct, it's my understanding that these halos go inside your regular headlight casing. Second, how much did it cost? And third did you do it yourself, and if so can somebody who's somewhat mechanically inclined but doesn't know his way around cars, do this themselves?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Umm, BAD...ASS!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I absolutely love them!!!!! I do have a few questions though. First, your regular headlights are still intact correct, it's my understanding that these halos go inside your regular headlight casing. Second, how much did it cost? And third did you do it yourself, and if so can somebody who's somewhat mechanically inclined but doesn't know his way around cars, do this themselves?

Regular lights work fine and yes the halos do go inside them. This project was about 300 bucks if you have all the incidentals you need to do basic wiring, etc. This project however contrary to the instructions is NOT for the faint of heart. There was more than one time I wondered what the hell I got myself into but it was worth it in the end. Also contrary to popular belief (and the instructions) my headlights were not able to be baked apart..I had to cut and then reseal them.....

I was expecting a few hours over a couple days and it ended up being about 20 hours from start to finish. Granted that was also the way I wanted them wired to a great deal AND I did a light bar in my lower grill.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is the video!!

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,117 Posts
:8:WOW
That video is awesome...........
Like freakin' Close encounters of the 3rd kind!
Nice one Eric, hope to see it in person someday.

Joe

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
omg, funny as ****. a coworker just walked up as i was watching the video and she had a seizure! Hahahaha!!
I'm not sure how to take that but ok... :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts