Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share a couple pics of my dual exhaust. I didn't want to replace my valance so I made a template out of the single exit and used a Dremel tool to cut the drivers side of the factory SE valance...

Attachments

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks good :bigthumb: unique. have not seen those particular tips used before

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Looks good. What exhaust did you go with?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Those are the tips that I have on my 73 Mercury Cougar.I replaced the single w/real duals.They are quite common on classic car duals.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments :)!

As far as what exhaust... I had a local shop weld up an X-pipe just behind the 2 clamps, then it's just straight pipes all the way out, no mufflers. It's still 2.25" piping so I didn't lose all backpressure. I'm gonna try to get a video up soon. I actually like the sound but I'm thinking of adding mufflers at some point.

And about the squeemish feeling--I know what you mean, trust me! Haha but the way I made the template and marked the lines, I cut an eighth inch or so inside my line and then used a sanding wheel to kinda "shape" it and get the final line. The plastic cuts easily BTW :thumbsup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
you are definatly a good ol american HOOSIER GOOD LORD whatever if thats what you like.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I couldn't tell if that was a compliment or an insult, but my gut instinct thinks it's the second. But hey to each his own, right?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks good! Very similar to my Flowmaster kit's two 3'' round stainless tips.

Well I couldn't tell if that was a compliment or an insult, but my gut instinct thinks it's the second. But hey to each his own, right?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Nice job. If you have the right tools, it works. On this one, trying it first is no big deal since you can get the right part if you screw up and nothing is lost. Looking back, I could have saved $65, but I would of had to buy a Dremel kit. So I guess it would be a wash.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Definitely not anything to lose any sleep over.
I wish that I had the nerve to cut (there's that word again) into the valance so my exhaust would look as sweet as yours, but I'll stick with what I have for now.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again for all the good feedback!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks good, my next mod is actually going to be dual exhaust. Not sure weather i want to cut or just bye rear valance but nice to see different set of dual exit tips.

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
I would say it was an insult - some people on this forum consider those of us who WORK on our cars to be "hillbillies"

LOL :)

I wear that label with SOUTHERN PRIDE!! (Which is weird because I am from Scotland!! )

from one "Hillbilly" to a "Hoosier" - I really like the retro look you achieved

I am putting a "GHOST" style dual system on Hess's car this Sat (Like VikingDodge) and I will force him to take pics underneath and also pics of how I lay our the rear valence with tape to cut

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha, yeah I don't mind being labeled a hillbilly... I mean, my dad graduated high school in the trout capitol of the world (Cotter, AR)

Anyway, thanks for the good word! It may be "southern-engineered" but hey, it looks good, it was dirt cheap compared to alternatives, and I'm proud to say I did it. So I could care less what someone with a fully loaded SRT has negative to say about it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts