Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to taking some pics. I'm afraid most of them have the IE 392 in them as well :eek: .

I drove both cars back to back and I honestly prefer the 2010. I don't like the stiffer ride quality of the 2011 and I don't think the quicker steering is very linear nor appropriate for such a large car.

That said, the 392 was an automatic so the driving experience was very different between the two cars as there are serious ratio issue with the slushbox...and the MDS sucks. JMHO.

Anyway...here are the shots.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a few more (what genius limited it to 5 per post;-)

I should also add that though the 392 is definitely more powerful it didn't seem as smooth nor did it sound as good to my ears. Both of us (392 driver and I) that I had the better car for our tastes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Wow, congrats. You are the first person I have heard that preferred the 2010 to the 2011 SRT-8. I was very impressed with the 6.1L but not enough to spend an extra 6-7 grand to get it (bought a R/T Classic with STP instead). Perhaps, you felt the same way just with the two SRTs. I bet you saved a lot of money doing what you did too. Win win.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, congrats. You are the first person I have heard that preferred the 2010 to the 2011 SRT-8. I was very impressed with the 6.1L but not enough to spend an extra 6-7 grand to get it (bought a R/T Classic with STP instead). Perhaps, you felt the same way just with the two SRTs. I bet you saved a lot of money doing what you did too. Win win.
Tell you the truth...I could have been tempted by an RT as well.

It's mostly the ride quality and the too-quick steering I don't like about the 2011...I loves my ride quality!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nice car, congrats, you'll have a ball with it!

But choosing a 2010 over the new 392.....you'll soon be labeled :notallthere:.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice car, congrats, you'll have a ball with it!

But choosing a 2010 over the new 392.....you'll soon be labeled :notallthere:.
I can live with that;-)

I will try the 2011's alignment specs though. Slightly sharper turn-in would be nice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Great Pics, since they have announced the 392 I have always been wondering what its like to have the 392, I though the 392 is better in all aspects, but you had different thoughts. The best thing about those pics is seeing a brilliant black challenger next to the blue IE. I can't imagine having this car in any other color than black. It looks just perfect.

And Congrats on your Chally ;)

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great Pics, since they have announced the 392 I have always been wondering what its like to have the 392, I though the 392 is better in all aspects, but you had different thoughts. The best thing about those pics is seeing a brilliant black challenger next to the blue IE. I can't imagine having this car in any other color than black. It looks just perfect.

And Congrats on your Chally ;)
There's no question that the 392 has more poke (even in the auto I drove). I do thing the engine is a bit rougher and though there is more induction noise I don't like the sound quite as much. The 6.1 has a somewhat higher pitched sound which I quite like and, again, ride quality is no comparison.

I have a Porsche 911 so it was very important to me that this car have nice ride quality.

It's also important to note that I'm in Toronto, Canada and we have some brutal roads.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice side by side shots showing the differences between the '10s and '11s. I'm really liking the 11s wheels and stripes. Looks like its lower then the '10. That won't fly in my neighborhood, we have way too many speed humps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't imagine having this car in any other color than black. It looks just perfect.
I agree 100%!!

I actually was considering the 2011 392 when I bought my new Chally a couple weeks ago...but they don't come in black! So I went for the 2010 SRT8.....

Skarn

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice side by side shots showing the differences between the '10s and '11s. I'm really liking the 11s wheels and stripes. Looks like its lower then the '10. That won't fly in my neighborhood, we have way too many speed humps.
Yeah, I really like the '11 wheels too. Maybe snap some up when someone with an '11 upgrades...

BTW...I confirmed with Chrysler Canada's Media Relations that the '10 and '11 Challenger SRT-8 are at the same ride height.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Having owned a 2010 Detonator Yellow SRT8 and now an 11 IE 392 (both manuals) I would have to say that the 392 is a different beast!! To each his own though...enjoy your ride!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts