Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I got you to look, I would like Challenger forum members to post pics of mods you have made to the rear of the Challenger. I had my tail lights tinted, the surround painted gloss black, and the DODGE lettering painted Hemi-Orange. It has caught on as several members of the club have also done the same!

·
Banned
557 Posts
Not the greatest shot. Taken with Android phone camera the night it first arrived at the dealership. But I love how the flash lit up the back lights. One thing is certain, these suckers have one fine a$$. :D

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Here's one of mine with the Challenger script and R/T badge added. I just happened to be doing some work in my garage so I didn't put it in the garage right away, and while I was looking out at it I couldn't resist a snapshot. Definitely the finest a$$ I've seen. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
You meant cars, I guess my mind was in the gutter when I opened this thread.. :naughty:

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,643 Posts
This is another approach to dressing the rear end... it has sequentials too.

·
Super Moderator
14,221 Posts
Not the greatest shot. Taken with Android phone camera the night it first arrived at the dealership. But I love how the flash lit up the back lights. One thing is certain, these suckers have one fine a$$. :D

I think it's great how Dodge was able to mimic the neon lights of the concept car with only reflectors. See how it was done at:

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Is the graphic on the spoiler painted or a decal. I would love to dress mine up like that.
Those are decals - I've seen a few of them in person on other's cars. It co-ordinates well with the black tail lamp surround.

·
Registered
711 Posts
sorry I need an updated pic with the SRT8 spoiler and new decal.

for now - dual exhaust, rear window louvers, GTS tail light covers, sequential lights

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,643 Posts
As Hal H says, it is a decal in matte finish. The best thing about it is the cost ($35.00 appx) and it uses the base color of the car. On my HO, it provides a nice contrast and breaks up the spoiler color. I wanted to put on the Challenger script and metal R/T symbol originally. I think those look great. The reddish orange R/T emblem didn't have the contrast I was looking for though. It blended a bit too much for my taste.

Not sure how it would look on a black or DWB car. Should pop on just about everything else. Simple do it yourself mod as well. Found mine on EBay.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The lettering is cut out so you can install it on any color car.

Those videos of the designers talking about the cars are cool. I'm surprised only 6,000 views. There are a bunch of videos from dodgechallenger1. Take a look. I saw Jay Leno buying one of the first ones off production.

This is my best at getting the tips to stand out. I installed the spoiler myself as well as the backup camera.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Reading your text and looking quickly at the thumbnail, I though it was her tidy whities. Better get some better computer glasses.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
This isn't anything special but I though I'd share it. I got the idea of this viewing a Challenger on Carmax.... it took us a handful of tries as the sun was going down to get the right effect... I thought it was kind of neat and unique.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Pic of it when I first got it parked beside my boattail, still has the dealer sticker on the bumper

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great pics of the Chally rears which hopefully provides ideas for folks thinking about modding the rear. I actually looked at many of these ideas and decided to go monochromatic all around except the gloss black. Notice that I also painted the the black lower panel by the exhaust tips HO. The spoiler was the stock black SRT 8 spoiler that got the HO treatment also.

1 - 20 of 520 Posts