Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's some of my 2018 SXT+ 2 months old now and have put 4200 miles on it. I have a long commute every day and then my joy rides so the miles are adding up quick. Just filled her up for $1.77 gallon.
She has 3 coats of Mequiars Fast Finish and a few more coats over that of Mequiars Fast Wax. Love the car!!!
View attachment 936631 View attachment 936633 View attachment 936635
What percentage tint do you have? I'm looking to get mine done and I like yours

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Here's some of my 2018 SXT+ 2 months old now and have put 4200 miles on it. I have a long commute every day and then my joy rides so the miles are adding up quick. Just filled her up for $1.77 gallon.
She has 3 coats of Mequiars Fast Finish and a few more coats over that of Mequiars Fast Wax. Love the car!!!
View attachment 936631 View attachment 936633 View attachment 936635
What percentage tint do you have? I'm looking to get mine done and I like yours

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Its ceramic tint and blocks 50% of the sun rays.
It's the darkest legal limit in Texas. I really don't know what the darkness number is, maybe 20% darkness.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,612 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Texas is 25%. But you always have to remember stock tint is 70%, so adding 25% to that means darker than 25%.

https://instamotor.com/blog/window-tinting-laws-50-states

A Guy
Sounds good to me, but none of my windows had factory smoked glass.
Guess my darkness color is 25% I told the guys when installing it to put the darkest the law would allow. They had 3 different choices of tint grade all with lifetime warranty. The regular tint that blocked 35% of the UV rays then metallic that blocked 35% UV and the ceramic that blocked 50% of the UV rays. I didn't want the metallic because it will cut down on your cell signal. I went with the ceramic tint darkness at 25% I guess the legal limit with 50% blocking of the UV rays. I could have went darker but I plan on speeding a little so one ticket is better than 2 tickets LOL. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,612 Posts
As far as I am aware, all Challengers come with 70% tinted glass, check your build sheet for Solar Control Glass. In CA, 70% is max legal, so adding any tint percentage is illegal.

A Guy

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
As far as I am aware, all Challengers come with 70% tinted glass, check your build sheet for Solar Control Glass. In CA, 70% is max legal, so adding any tint percentage is illegal.

A Guy
I'm sure your right so guess I'm riding legally, oh well I'm not to worried about it. I see plenty of others that have really dark tint. I drive in the dark every morning 50 miles to work so they are plenty dark for me. Maybe they really don't care about it here in Texas. A State Trooper was beside me at a stop light today and was checking out my Challenger and waved at me with a smile. He could have been thinking, he'll be watching for me with a speeding ticket. LOL
I'm 55 so I don't care either way I'm still going to do 5 over the speed limit everywhere I go and maybe 10 over. LOL
Oh I have LLUMAR brand ceramic tint. I don't pretend to know anything about tint so thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,612 Posts
Oh there are people on this forum rocking 5%, lol. I have 45% on sides, on top of the 70%. It's not that dark looking, and I had 50% on my last car for 21 years no issues. With no front plate, all side markers and reflectors tinted. Headlights tinted, and the outer tail lights tinted, I doubt the windows would be the first to grab attention. During the daylight,where I do most of my driving, I doubt any is much of an issue. As you say, I see a lot of cars around me with dark, dark. Hoping it's the ones that will take the hit instead of me :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I ordered the side marker tint with the Mopar emblem in them and waiting on them to show up in the mail box now. I hope they are legal. There are a lot of Challengers in my little podunk town of 5400 people and none I've seen have them. I'll be different LOL.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
My 2016 SXT+ Blacktop and some bridge

A Guy
So not only did you park sideways over the top of the "NO PARKING" spot, but you made sure to completely block the handicapped spot too?!?

Capture.JPG

Bravo, @A Guy, bravo on executing such a deft maneuver of parking skills, but I'm sure doing that could not have been easy what with your heart of stone and all...

Oops, sorry, my mistake. You don't have a heart of stone, you have a nondescript muscle spasm where you're heart should be, and that is as stone cold as a gravestone, isn't it @A Guy... :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,612 Posts
There was no one in the parking lot that early. If a Mustang had come along, I'd have moved from the handicap spot ;) Besides, that picture looks photoshopped

019.jpg

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,612 Posts
Looks good like that too!

A Guy

21 - 40 of 40 Posts