Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and was surprised I didn't find a thread with n20 setups. Can some of you with your nitrous installed post some pics (engine, bottle mounting, etc..)?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Man I even found a guy somewhat close to me and wouldnt let me check his setup out. These dudes runnin n2o are not friendly when it comes to this mod. You can find damn near any other mod in the world on these challengers. I am starting to think the n2o guys are kind of jerk offs. Or they aren't very proud of their work. Yup , called out!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Man I even found a guy somewhat close to me and wouldnt let me check his setup out. These dudes runnin n2o are not friendly when it comes to this mod. You can find damn near any other mod in the world on these challengers. I am starting to think the n2o guys are kind of jerk offs. Or they aren't very proud of their work. Yup , called out!
:smile:LOL.. Naw I think most people are in lust with the superchargers and turbo set ups now and others have been spoon fed myths about how volatile N20 is so many don't even ask about N20 any more. However, now that the question has been asked I'm sure some of the guys will post up. Don't be shy to check out the Nitrous Express and Zex websites and others to see their installs. It's all pretty straight forward. I run it on my Chevelle and one of my sons has it on his SRT jeep. That being said when I install mine, after warranty is up, I'll be glad to post pics.

·
Registered
329 Posts
...That being said when I install mine, after warranty is up, I'll be glad to post pics.
With NOS being somewhat easy to install and take off, I think a lot of people shy away from posting pics online. If something does happen and you go back to stock, there's always that small chance that the dealer will find your pics online and void the warr. work.

·
Registered
405 Posts
With NOS being somewhat easy to install and take off, I think a lot of people shy away from posting pics online. If something does happen and you go back to stock, there's always that small chance that the dealer will find your pics online and void the warr. work.
Ahh good point. Pretty easy to go back for sure. I know the nay sayers will come in and say oh the dealer will know. No they wont, nor will they look that hard. I've worked at the dealer, so I know the techs dont give enough shit to go to great lengths to figure out what happen. Most guys are like, give me another motor so I can drop it in and get it out of here

·
Registered
2013 Core
821 Posts
A basic install isnt to bad. It's when you start adding accessories that the wiring can become intimidating

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Holy crap thats a lot of wiring. Im pretty handy with electrical. Sort of forced myself to be years ago. Thats a lot of stuff though. Thats mainly most of my questions, is where does everything attach, and do I need to splice into existing sensors. I certainly dont want to chop into my factory harness to badly, if at all. I think its nitrous outlet that sells the pro harnesses which may be a cleaner route for someone like me who wants it a bit more straightforward with nice plugs, etc.

·
Registered
405 Posts
So when you use a dedicated fuel system, when you spray , its just pulling from your tiny race gas can? Eliminating tapping into your fuel system and Teeing off of it?

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
231 Posts
So when you use a dedicated fuel system, when you spray , its just pulling from your tiny race gas can? Eliminating tapping into your fuel system and Teeing off of it?
Yes, my car's fuel system is close to its limit currently and I didn't want to pull any fuel from it or add another $2k setup. With the dedicated system I can easily adjust pressure and better dial in the tune. I will be running straight methanol as well.

As far as the wiring goes, I did have to tap into the car a few times. My controller needed a signal from the throttle, vehicle speed sensor, clutch, tach, etc. Most of my wiring is from all of the accessories. Pressure gauge, heater, opener, etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:smile:LOL.. Naw I think most people are in lust with the superchargers and turbo set ups now and others have been spoon fed myths about how volatile N20 is so many don't even ask about N20 any more. However, now that the question has been asked I'm sure some of the guys will post up. Don't be shy to check out the Nitrous Express and Zex websites and others to see their installs. It's all pretty straight forward. I run it on my Chevelle and one of my sons has it on his SRT jeep. That being said when I install mine, after warranty is up, I'll be glad to post pics.
Yeah, post some pics, both vehicles! Warranty? Forget about it, lol. It's a 2015, so If I would've waited it probably be time to trade in since I typically only keep my vehicles 2-3 years.

·
Registered
670 Posts
what gauge wires did you run I have looked at some instructions but not a word on what gauge wire for what switches / relays. and still looking for a small electric NO2 gauge to mount inside the cabin.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
231 Posts
what gauge wires did you run I have looked at some instructions but not a word on what gauge wire for what switches / relays. and still looking for a small electric NO2 gauge to mount inside the cabin.
I ran a mix of 16-18 through the headliner. All of my switches are working on low side so there's no hot power up there. For the hot side of the relays I used whatever matched the existing plug wires. I think it's 14g.

Here's a picture of what a mess it was wiring up the headliner pods... and the finished product.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
how did you get the wires feed up there ??also anyone know of any reasonably priced no2 electric gauges to mount inside? maybe 1-1/2 in dia.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dropped the headliner. H

I looked for a small digital gauge but I couldn't find one.
I had the same question a couple weeks ago... someone oosted a recommendation which I bought, can't remember the brand. Search some recent threads.

·
Registered
670 Posts
where are you running the wires through the firewall??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts