1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ChriSRT-4 said:
So many haters!
oh, i am no way a part of the hating going on over there. i would definatly take the challenger over the camaro even though the camaro looks good to me too. there are some people defending the challenger on those boards however.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, the Camaro community seems to be fixated on weight and length. There was another forum comparing the length of the Challenger with other cars.

My response was length and girth do matter :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nice find. That answer's that question. Fortunately, the LY production version should be a few hundred pounds less. And if not, well at least it's more HP and less weight than my Silverado pickup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a Ford guy so forgive my ignorance of the new hemi engines. Are they a an aluminum block? Also I assume the IRS is heavier than a live axel set up. I wonder how far they will go in weight reduction by production time? If they could get it down to 3,600 lbs. it would be a rocket. Also all these newer cars have big ass heay 19" and 20" wheels. I cut a tenth off my quarter mile time by running Weld draglights (less rotational mass) I bet it would be 2 tenths with those big wheels (my factory Bullitts are 17").

·
Registered
128 Posts
Lighter would be nice but heavy won't stop me from owning one.

The new Bentley Flying Spur is like 5,400lbs but will still do 0-60 in 5 with a top speed of 195. Sure it has 550hp but if that sled can go fast so can a 4100lb Challenger.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Trublu02 said:
I'm a Ford guy so forgive my ignorance of the new hemi engines. Are they a an aluminum block? Also I assume the IRS is heavier than a live axel set up. I wonder how far they will go in weight reduction by production time? If they could get it down to 3,600 lbs. it would be a rocket.
If the Challenger comes in at 3,800 lbs I will be VERY grateful. Surprised, but grateful. Anything less and I'll be stunned. 3,600 is a pipe dream. This is a BIG car. Even the LY based car is still going to be bigger than a GTO and that car weighs 3,750 lbs with it's IRS.

3,800 is the best we can hope for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
BigDaddyWiz said:
i know this could very well change by production time and i'm not sure if this could be doctored at all, but it doesnt look like it. found it on the camaroz28 message boards.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422093&page=2

scroll down about 3/4 the way down, you cant miss it.
Could mean they simply took a 300 and body-shopped it, but left the door sticker on? THis thing HAS to come in at under 4,000 lbs

·
Registered
973 Posts
E-Body said:
Lighter would be nice but heavy won't stop me from owning one.
I'm with you E-Body. Just my opinion but I think this size thing and weight thing is starting to get a little over-blown. Of course you do need something to talk about while we're waiting for it to arrive.

I'll take the concept car right now and could care less what it weighs or it's size. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is my answer to the haters about weight.

My car is heavy because Dodge didnt want wimps driving real muscle, so invest in these to drive real muscle!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
AMG said:
This is my answer to the haters about weight.

My car is heavy because Dodge didnt want wimps driving real muscle, so invest in these to drive real muscle!
Having a spat of roid rage are we?!?! :confused:

J/K... muscles! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the way i'm looking at it now, even if it does weigh over 4000lbs, as long as it still does the 0-60 in 4.5 and the quarter mile in 13 sec, like the mags say, that is fine with me. i dont plan on doing road racing with it anyway. just as long as i can smoke new mustangs and camaros off the line, i'd be happy. plus i'm sure it will handle better than the heavy cars of the 70's.

·
Registered
382 Posts
But, if DCX decides to put the 6.4 in them who cares what the size and weight of the vehicle. Even with 6.1 you'll be making 13.0 runs in the 1/4 mile. not bad for a 4100 pound car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts