Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it really pay to get a product that is a "tune" vs a piggy back unit? Having a 6 cylinder, you won't see any real HP unless you install a turbo.
Comments please.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the Hypertech on mine, for me at the time it made sense, as the only mods available where simple bolt ons. In my opinion, if you are serious about power, then get a tuner you will need it, especially if considering forced induction. If you want a little more pleasure, then look close at the two, and decide what you want, in the end it is your car and money, only you know what you want.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So did you see any improvement with what you installed? MPG or "performance" ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Both, car is more responsive, gas mileage went up some, does it do what they say, yes. 10 hp, is not a big difference, for me it was mostly just looking to improve the driving experience, and that is what I was after.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both, car is more responsive, gas mileage went up some, does it do what they say, yes. 10 hp, is not a big difference,
10 HP is a lot at the rear wheels vs at the flywheel. When I use to run diesel trucks on a dyno the standard was a 20% loss at the rear wheels do to internal friction of the drive line.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have not had my car on dyno, just going by Hypertech's ratings, on my on, going by the EVIC, car runs better, 0-60 improved, my calculations the fuel economy went up approx 3 mpg, I average 31 mpg on the hwy. What I like about it is the ability to go from 89 to 93 octane fuel on the fly. I usually fill up my car at the same place, as they have pure gas, and my fuel economy has been pretty consistent. Driving around town the car performs well, especially during some spirted driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts