Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,

So I'm sitting here, with a few months left in winter, thinking of what I want to do to my new Challenger. I bought the blacktop package, because I like the blacked out look, so I will be having the windows tinted.

However, I'm think of maybe going to a local renowned pin striper, and having a thin, "blacked out" mopar blue line added to the belt line..., just to give my car a little custom touch.

My poor quality photo and the crappy photoshop line doesn't do it justice, but in your opinion, would this distract from the blacked out look, or do you think it would achieve the nice little custom touch that I'm going for?

Like I said, I want it in mopar blue, but I want it "subdued" to go along with the blacked out look..., if that's even possible.

Thanks

Justin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Well, I like it. However, you will no longer have the "blacked out" look--good, bad, or indifferent...

Also, if you do not like it you can just take it off. Should be a fairly cheap mod to at least try.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's true, it wouldn't "blacked out" anymore..., but the more I look at the crappy pic, and imagine the real thing, the more I like the idea of the thin blue line.

Justin

·
Banned
946 Posts
I think it would look good as long as it was just a stripe and no fancy swirls at the end. A thing to consider though, I think it would give more of a Mopar 10 vibe with the blue, more so then a Blacktop blacked out vibe. Regardless it would look good, it's just up to you what direction your trying to go and what makes you happy. Good luck

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it would look good as long as it was just a stripe and no fancy swirls at the end. A thing to consider though, I think it would give more of a Mopar 10 vibe with the blue, more so then a Blacktop blacked out vibe. Regardless it would look good, it's just up to you what direction your trying to go and what makes you happy. Good luck
I agree, no swirls! Just a very thin, subdued blue line.

We have the Blacktop Style Pinstripe available in Electric Blue Metallic Here: RiderGraphix.com 2008 & Up Dodge Challenger Stripes

I can also do it extended onto the Front Fascia......
Thank you, I'll take a look at that, but I'm considering having it painted on.

Justin

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I agree, no swirls! Just a very thin, subdued blue line.

Thank you, I'll take a look at that, but I'm considering having it painted on.

Justin
Piece of advice from a guy who has had many many cars and has modded a lot of them... Do not have it painted on until you love it. Have a good pinstripe person put one on first (most places will have a very good color match) then live with it a while. If you love it, paint it... If you like it leave it on a while... If you get sick of it rip it off and do something different.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good idea, thank you!

Justin

·
Registered
118 Posts
i did just that over the xmas break but in gold

i got this gold pin stripe from RiderGraphix went on real easy and i went with matt black on the hood, pretty pleased with the results.

not a great pic as it won't stop raining, the next planned mod is the hurst gold insert wheels :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input so far folks.

Justin

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I think it would look great. I would even consider striping the edge of the hood bulge. It's pretty easy to do yourself with a roll of pinstripe tape. The trick is to stand back a few feet as you're stretching along the body lines. That way you can waste a roll and see if it's what you want.

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Here's what I did no MY Challenger. This would POP on a black car, with blue stripes on each side:

here's a close up shot of this old school style silver leaf pinstripe, hand applied and painted by Mitch Kim of Clackamas, Oregon.

Go for it, you'll find plenty of ideas on this site. Make that ride yours! :bigthumb:

When the sun hits it just right, it looks like a silver flash flying down the side.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I think it would look nice.

·
Registered
382 Posts
run that line along the crease and see...just a super thin line...would look awesome

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts