Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detailing season is about here, and I'm researching what kind of products to use on my new black car. It seems that pinnacles sovereign paste is fantastic for dark cars.

Any personal experiences or comparisons?

I'm trying to decide if 100 bucks for wax is worth it.

Justin

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hey justin

i have tried several waxes... i am like you 100 bucks for wax.. personally for that much money i would say buy the cheaper and layer it.. i have used natty's red with good luck.. super easy to go on and off.. 25 bucks a can.. ect.

i would do a sealant then wax and save the money on the high end wax. i think a sealant wax combo is better anyway as you get two different types of protection.. wax don't hold up real long specially in summer months

chris

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hey, Justin.

I use Pinnacle Sovereign wax on my black 2012 SRT8, and have achieved extremely good results. I also use a variety of other Pinnacle products including their Bodywork Shampoo, Clay Bar and Clay Lubricant, etc. I recently sprung for a $200 jar of Zymol Concours wax, but haven't tried it yet. When I do, I'll post my results between it and the Pinnacle.

Bottom line, you will be VERY pleased with the Sovereign.

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
No doubt some of the vendors will chime in here ... as they should.
For my 2 cents, there are dozens of great product lines available.
The result is in the effort applied, perhaps even more than the start product used. JMO !

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point, thanks for the input thus far, fellas.

Justin

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
There are as many opinions on this as there are people detailing.

For my money I'm sticking with Midnight Express and then Black Velvet top coat. Ridiculously easy to use and the results speak for themselves.

I'm currently doing my black R/T and will post pictures when I finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts