Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard of the 'gunslinger', year-one

and moparperformance

the year one is the handle but it doesn say hurst part CH47M 229.00 so im not sure

My dealer said they recently installed a mopar performance and it look great while the action was excellent

There is quite a bit of diffference in price. But it should say Hurst to truely be 'retro'

slinger = 275

Year1 = 229

Mp = 636

So who has what? install issues? customizing? I hear the MP one goes in straight away.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went with Gunslinger and NEVER looked back and you won't either. I felt that the OEM handle was too 'sports car like" for me. The Gunslinger handle says MUSCLE CAR just looking at it. R & R took less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I had the OEM leather knob, it was ok, soon changed it out to the Chrome T-Handle shifter, was really nice, I now have the Gunslinger and LOVE it.

I added the BT billet shifter piece and had no problems with the T-handle shifter.

After putting the Gunslinger on there I found I cannot push the handle all the way down without interference. So I just pulled up on the Gunslinger and tightened the set screw down and all is GOOD!!!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i installed the original 1970 ebody pistol grip shifter in mine when i put in the hurst short throw billet shifter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts