Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any models/packages have a body colored gloss painted Pitch Black spoiler? I remember the 2016 SXT Plus said Rear Body-Color Spoiler, while the Blacktop package clearly stated Satin Black Rear Spoiler. Originally I would have preferred a gloss black painted spoiler, but the Satin looks great, so no big deal. But I can't remember seeing a Pitch Black SXT Plus with a painted spoiler.

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which do you prefer? I'd not change, just was thinking about it today. If I had ordered my car, instead of finding exactly what I wanted already en route to the dealer, I'd have asked could they do the painted. The Blacktop package is what added the satin. A Guy

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
The SRT 392s come with spoilers painted the same color as the body in gloss. So a pitch black car will have a pitch black spoiler, a TorRed car will have a TorRed spoiler, etc. If that's what you're asking.

Frank

·
Super Moderator
15,091 Posts
The following get satin black spoilers

Blacktop package on:
SXT or R/T models

Shaker Models:
R/T or Scat Pack

T/A Models:
T/A, T/A 392

SRT Hellcat, Demon

the 'regular' models:
SXT, SXT Plus, R/T, R/T Plus, SRT - get body color spoilers

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. If I would have ordered, I would have asked for the gloss black, since it came on the SXT Plus if you didn't get the Blacktop package. Not sure they were capable of making that happen. If they don't see the big mac on the cash register, they don't know what to do...

In any case, the satin looks great, especially coated. It didn't get shiny, just has a better luster.

A Guy

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Do any models/packages have a body colored gloss painted Pitch Black spoiler?
Except for body color pitch black cars as said, only the 80th anniversary shakers have pitch black spoilers.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at those, while good looking, I'm liking my satin ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
nevermind, started thread.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like the satin on mine since it matches the shaker, front spoiler, and rocker panels. If I didn’t have a shaker I might look at painting all those parts body color. I’ve seen cars like that and it’s a good look.

Not to put any new ideas in your head...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zo Maq has a Black shaker with all the cladding painted gloss black

A Guy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Now your putting ideas in my head! This quarantine time gives you too much time to think. I’m already going to have 18 coats of wax on my car by the time this is all over.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
Im going with Satin black or Metallic black on my spoiler. Leaning towards the latter. Just not liking it the same as the body color. If my body color were different, then maybe but not the color i have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts