Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19’ Granite Scat Pack
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Looking to put a new set of shoes on my 2019 Challenger RT. Currently running the factory 245/45R20 on the factory 20x8+24 wheel.

I’ve narrowed it down to two options. Factory Reproduction FR77 Hellcat HC2 replica (20x9.5+15) or the PK Auto Design HR5 Hell Raiser (20x9.5+15). Only reason I’m upgrading the wheels is so I can run a 275/40R20 tires.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with either wheel? PK Auto Design is $400 more than the Factory Reproduction and a few pounds lighter per wheel. Because this is going to be an online purchase I would like to get any advice or help in advance. I had Discount Tire mount up a 20x9.5+18 wheel and if fit my Challenger however a 275 tire rubbed in the front. They told me I would need a 3mm spacer in the front or would need to go with a +15 offset.

Has anyone run either wheel/ tire combo?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I changed the rims on mine to the OEM Hellcat 5 spoke black satin rim and Pirelli 275/40 AS tire. That way, I didn't have to worry about offset.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Muscle car

I'm not much on aftermarket rims, with very few exceptions.

·
Registered
19’ Granite Scat Pack
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply SFCR. Where did you source the factory wheels if you don’t mind me asking? Also, is that an RT? Any problems with fit on the front?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
The HR5 are spun forged, that is why they cost more, the FR wheels are 1 piece cast aluminum. HR5 are also about 6 lbs lighter each. The HR5 look different than the Hellcat HR2, and replicas. Not much, but they have sharper lines

HR5

FR77
Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Tire

A Guy

Reactions: Evan_O and T240guy

·
Registered
19’ Granite Scat Pack
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As much as I would love factory wheels I haven’t been able to find any in my area.
A Guy, I’m assuming spun forged is better? I’ve always thought you get what you pay for, to an extent. I’ve done a lot of searching on the forum and haven’t found a lot of threads on the HR5 however my search fu is weak ;)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thanks for the reply SFCR. Where did you source the factory wheels if you don’t mind me asking? Also, is that an RT? Any problems with fit on the front?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
HI Evan,
You're most welcome. I'll send you a PM. There are no issues with fit. It is, indeed, an R/T Scat Pack.

Reactions: Evan_O

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
Forged is generally better than cast, these are what they call spun forged

I'd not hesitate to get either wheel, they are all certified to OEM standards

If you want more info on the HR5, contact Paul at PK

A Guy

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Very happy with PK and their service.....the HR 5 9.5 in the front with a 275 fits well.... the 10.5 in the rear with 305 was snug...had to cut a little of the liner

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello,
Looking to put a new set of shoes on my 2019 Challenger RT. Currently running the factory 245/45R20 on the factory 20x8+24 wheel.

I’ve narrowed it down to two options. Factory Reproduction FR77 Hellcat HC2 replica (20x9.5+15) or the PK Auto Design HR5 Hell Raiser (20x9.5+15). Only reason I’m upgrading the wheels is so I can run a 275/40R20 tires.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with either wheel? PK Auto Design is $400 more than the Factory Reproduction and a few pounds lighter per wheel. Because this is going to be an online purchase I would like to get any advice or help in advance. I had Discount Tire mount up a 20x9.5+18 wheel and if fit my Challenger however a 275 tire rubbed in the front. They told me I would need a 3mm spacer in the front or would need to go with a +15 offset.

Has anyone run either wheel/ tire combo?

Thanks in advance.
Evan,
I've had my HR5's for about two years no with no complaint. I got them directly from PK auto as they are local to me. Can't say enough about the great service there. Like A Guy mentioned previously talk to Paul at PK I'm sure he would be glad to answer any questions you may have.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

·
Registered
19’ Granite Scat Pack
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for all the replies. I’m going to continue to research it.

Great looking car CaliforniaShaker! Looks a lot lot my 19 RT without the Shaker. I just love the way these cars look and your wheel/tire combo really fills in those wheel wells.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts