Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally placed order for my 2018 392 shaker scat pack !! I RECEIVED MY VIN AND VON #. I forgot how to track build. I see the codes for the build but not the site to track it. Can some one help with that ? thanks !!!!:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
There really isn't a site to track it. Just call your dealership every couple of weeks and have them look for you.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
There really isn't a site to track it. Just call your dealership every couple of weeks and have them look for you.
I too thought there was a site for tracking. I've seen people post that they know exactly when their car goes into specific stages of their build.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remembered there was a site when I ordered my 2009 classic. I know dodge stopped their site a long time ago. then there was vinwin site that is no longer working .Guess calling the salesman is the only way.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
I remembered there was a site when I ordered my 2009 classic. I know dodge stopped their site a long time ago. then there was vinwin site that is no longer working .Guess calling the salesman is the only way.
you can also contract Dodge Cares (bottom link on web page)

You can either do live chat on site or by phone - they access the same system as the dealers use.

Note that the scheduled week of production is just that - any day of that week Mon - Sat the build can take place.

The dealer ETA dates can move around, but they're generally pretty close.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I appreciate the information .waited 8 months for the 2009 classic, hopefully 6weeks del.is the norm.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
thanks, I appreciate the information .waited 8 months for the 2009 classic, hopefully 6weeks del.is the norm.
Turn around time is much quicker.

I waited longer for my '09 (production holds on Getrag diffs back then, as well as limited M6 allocations)

I ordered my '16 SPS and it was built 5th week after production year started. I received within 8 weeks of production start to delivery (this was on West Coast).

The main thing is allocation of 392 / 6.4 engines - don't know if that's an issue nowadays.

When the SP models came along for '15...Saltillo (plant in MX) suddenly had to build 4x as many SRT 392 engines that they did in the past when only SRT 392 models had the engine. SRT 392 have usually been low volume models (maybe 10-12% of overall production in earlier years). SRT 392 models are very low production now 3- 3.5k units per year.

And that dictated semi monthly production allocations. Things may have changed in more recent years.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Finally placed order for my 2018 392 shaker scat pack !! I RECEIVED MY VIN AND VON #. I forgot how to track build. I see the codes for the build but not the site to track it. Can some one help with that ? thanks !!!!:scratchhead:
I too placed an oder for a 2018 392 Shaker Scat on 4/2 received Vin and Von on 4/3 chatted today and they said it just went to D1 Status

Please do tell what you ordered with my build below

LADX22 CHALLENGER R/T 392
Package: 24Y Scat Pack Shaker 6.4L HEMI V8
ESG 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI MDS Engine
DFK 8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans
Paint/Seat/Trim: PHG Plum Crazy Pearl Coat
APA Monotone Paint 0 0
*EC Scat Pack Logo Nappa/Alcantara Seat 0 0
-X9 Black 0 0
Options: NAS 50 State Emissions 0 0
AMA Premium Sound Group
AJV Driver Convenience Group
AJD Leather Interior Group
ACX MOPAR Interior Appearance Group
ACN Dynamics Package
UAQ Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display
YGF 8 Additional Gallons of Gas 0 20
5N6 Easy Order 0 0
4EA Sold Vehicle 0 0

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
I too placed an oder for a 2018 392 Shaker Scat on 4/2 received Vin and Von on 4/3 chatted today and they said it just went to D1 Status

Please do tell what you ordered with my build below

LADX22 CHALLENGER R/T 392
Package: 24Y Scat Pack Shaker 6.4L HEMI V8
ESG 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI MDS Engine
DFK 8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans
Paint/Seat/Trim: PHG Plum Crazy Pearl Coat
APA Monotone Paint 0 0
*EC Scat Pack Logo Nappa/Alcantara Seat 0 0
-X9 Black 0 0
Options: NAS 50 State Emissions 0 0
AMA Premium Sound Group
AJV Driver Convenience Group
AJD Leather Interior Group
ACX MOPAR Interior Appearance Group
ACN Dynamics Package
UAQ Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display
YGF 8 Additional Gallons of Gas 0 20
5N6 Easy Order 0 0
4EA Sold Vehicle 0 0
Hopefully it comes way faster than you thought possible. Some have shown up in a single month, you never know.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
s hey sypeck13 . I ordered my 392 shaker on 4/3/18. received von n vin # on 4/4/18. in bb status. Ordered mine torred with black interior (last minute change from ruby red int. Worried it might be too much red). Auto ( getting old, tried of shifting) leather int. convenience group, scat pack, mopar int. Navigation u conn. I ordered stock wheels.(plan on getting custom wheels, not to crazy about any of the wheels offered. I thought plum crazy was only offered only on the t/a model.?

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
s hey sypeck13 . I ordered my 392 shaker on 4/3/18. received von n vin # on 4/4/18. in bb status. Ordered mine torred with black interior (last minute change from ruby red int. Worried it might be too much red). Auto ( getting old, tried of shifting) leather int. convenience group, scat pack, mopar int. Navigation u conn. I ordered stock wheels.(plan on getting custom wheels, not to crazy about any of the wheels offered. I thought plum crazy was only offered only on the t/a model.?
I though so too ....I was surprised when plum crazy came up as an option told him to click it and place the order before it went away lol it will be interesting to see how far apart our cars are delivered being that they were ordered a day apart

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Here's what torred w/ Ruby Red alcantara / leather would look like:

1st / 2nd image is

3rd / 4th image is my ' 16 SPS (Torred / Ruby Red Shaker leather interior) - only for '15/'16

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
That would be a nice surprise! But im in a great position as I love driving the one I have now! Gonna be hard to see her go

Wow! What a position to be in. I always say the waiting IS the hardest part. You are the exception to the rule, you and others in your position. :cheers:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again hal h for the pictures. The red looks good but I think it might be too late to change, plus I don't want to screw the order up and it get delayed . Sypeck13 , I would like to track my build using your build as a helping guide. What location are you from. I am in rockland co. new York. It about 20 miles north of NYC. Its going to be hard selling my 09 classic. Who ever gets it will be very lucky, new michlen 90,000 miles tires. much better then the goodyears. the death of my brother made be say its time,, want to bounce my last check to the funeral home. LOL.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Thanks again hal h for the pictures. The red looks good but I think it might be too late to change, plus I don't want to screw the order up and it get delayed . Sypeck13 , I would like to track my build using your build as a helping guide. What location are you from. I am in rockland co. new York. It about 20 miles north of NYC. Its going to be hard selling my 09 classic. Who ever gets it will be very lucky, new michlen 90,000 miles tires. much better then the goodyears. the death of my brother made be say its time,, want to bounce my last check to the funeral home. LOL.
Im In Marietta GA right outside ATL...sorry About Your Brother

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks, we were very close. He had a 2010 classic in white black stripes. Road trips were great with red n white classics together. I"ll check with dealer next week to see status.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Until you get to D1 status (scheduled w/ build date) orders can be revised. If you're in BG, BX or C status changes can be made.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

Very sorry for your loss...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Checked with dealer today, shaker scat pack, went to D1. est. transport day 4/26/18. Moving right along. Sypeck 13, any updates on your plum crazy or E.T.A.? My nephew wants to buy my 2009 for his 16 year old son. Great dad !!! Glad someone I know will get it and care for it.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts