Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new job and I can finally afford getting myself a shiny new car haha. I'm planning on leasing the '15 SXT+ model considering I might want to upgrade to newer models down the line. (I'm the kind of nerd that likes having all the latest and greatest shit). Below I'll list the specs going into the car.

Powertrain 3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT Engine $0 TorqueFlite® Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission $0 Colors & Interiors Premium Nappa Leather Sport Seats $0 Black Interior Color $0 Pitch Black Clear Coat Exterior Paint $0
Packages Sound Group II $595 Super Track Pak $695
Options Exterior 20-Inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels -- 245/45ZR20 3-Season Performance Tires --
Interior Uconnect® 8.4A AM/FM/SXM/BT $0

I'm still in the very early stages and I've only gone to one dealer to look/sit in one in person. I love the car, I just want to know what all of your thoughts are, considering my options. Is the HK sound option a deal breaker? Or should I just opt for the sound group II? I love the all black look, but maybe get black exterior and ruby red interior? Red and black are my favorite colors, but the red seats are COMPLETELY red and I feel like it MIGHT be a little too much. You can never go wrong with all black. Are there any other options I should look into? Remember I'm considering a lease simply because I enjoy the thought of driving a new car every X amount of years.

Thanks so much in advance for anyone that takes the time to share their thoughts!

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Hey, 2015 SXT + is a nice car, make sure you also drive a R/T as well. The list of options you have looks good especially the STP optiion. I have a 2013 RT with the HK audio and when I was testing cars I thought it was better than the then SGll.

More folks will chime in soon

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Congratulations on being able to get a new Challenger but I'd get the Hemi. If you don't you will probably wish you did. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your thoughts guys, but even with the new job I can only afford so much. I'd be getting a Hellcat if money wasn't an issue but unfortunately it is, which is why I'm sticking with the SXT model (Price and Fuel Economy). Maybe down the line when I'm more settled in and decide on buying as opposed to lease, I might go with the more hefty models!

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts guys, but even with the new job I can only afford so much. I'd be getting a Hellcat if money wasn't an issue but unfortunately it is, which is why I'm sticking with the SXT model (Price and Fuel Economy). Maybe down the line when I'm more settled in and decide on buying as opposed to lease, I might go with the more hefty models!
Good, don't bite off more than you can chew and still live comfortably. You are wise to stick to a budgeted amount for car. We'll happily spend your money for you

Reactions: USRWDV8

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nerdy tech guys will appreciate shiny buttons and gadgets more than grunt power. I would get a better optioned V6 over a base Hemi were I in your shoes. If peddle to the floor performance is really important to you however then a base model Hemi might be your choice. Either way any challenger looks great and you get a cool car no matter what interior or engine you decide

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nerdy tech guys will appreciate shiny buttons and gadgets more than grunt power. I would get a better optioned V6 over a base Hemi were I in your shoes. If peddle to the floor performance is really important to you however then a base model Hemi might be your choice. Either way any challenger looks great and you get a cool car no matter what interior or engine you decide
Thanks man, yeah I prefer the better looking, more modernized car as opposed to performance. As previously mentioned, I'd rather have a more fuel economic car. I know the Challenger isn't the best in fuel economy but I've always wanted one so it's just a trade off. I am getting the V6 option.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a V6 and love it. If you can afford it, I'd suggest the Driver convenience group. The blind spot warning and cross traffic detection are worth it and pretty nerdy as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really? What exactly do the features do? I saw the Driver convenience group and read the details and didn't really seem like a necessity. Could you guys elaborate?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Really? What exactly do the features do? I saw the Driver convenience group and read the details and didn't really seem like a necessity. Could you guys elaborate?
I too have a '15 SXT with the DCG and all I know is the foward collision warning saved my butt already in the 2 months of owning my car. I was 2 car lengths behind another car and we were going 50 mph. I looked out the window to the right and imediately my music lowered and the car beeped at me to get my attention. Some idiot stopped in the middle of the road and made cars slam breaks and swerve out the way and then took off again. I hit the brakes with way more than enough time to not have to slam them. Who knows what may have happened if I didnt have the DCG and if I looked out the window 1 second too long. Also, the rear path detection is good for backing in/out of places and it detects people/objects both behind the car and to the sides. The DGC along with the backup camera works wonders especially if you parked between, or next to large trucks/SUV's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts