Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen so many threads on here of guys plasti-dipping parts with great results and was wondering how it would look on my Granite Crystal Metallic car ... so this weekend my girlfriend decided to hang christmas decorations for 10 hours ... meaning I needed to escape to the garage.

I've never used plasti-dip before and cannot believe how easy it was to use and get good results. I did the side markers, gas cap, spoiler and rear dodge letters. I think I really like how it looks. I may take these parts off and actually have them painted for a more permanenet solution, and buy smoked lens covers for my side markers like I have on my Harley (if I can find some).

I can't believe how fun and easy it was to do this. Pictures are attached, what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I did everything u did but the rear spoiler. Looks a million times better. The less chrome the better as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It looks good man someone actually backed into me and broke my grill so I have a new one on order. I am actually thinking of doing the new one in black. Maybe I will do it myself instead of taking it to a place.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm trying decide what I want to do with the fuel door permanently. Take it out and have it powdercoated or just paint it flat black ?

·
Registered
876 Posts
That looks GREAT! I've tried the spoiler several times but between and unsteady hand, high humidity, and high outside temps ... no glory. I have NOT given up on it though. lol. Your experience is a vote to try again!

·
Registered
22 Posts
looks very nice!!!
i had plasti dipped my rims on my kia soul when i had it and made it look better. I like the stuff but dont know if im brave enough to attempt it on the challenger. my dad had helped me with the rims and that took some time lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That looks GREAT! I've tried the spoiler several times but between and unsteady hand, high humidity, and high outside temps ... no glory. I have NOT given up on it though. lol. Your experience is a vote to try again!
I just tape off basically everything surrounding the spoiler with masking tape and trashbags/newspaper. Then do 2 light coats all around it. Then go heavy for 3 coats. It may be over kill, but I did it in 40 degree weather and 75% humidity. It all pays off in the end!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I did my gas cap and love it. Did you take the letters on the tail light off to paint them?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody. Taped off everything around the spoiler and gas cap to do those. I also taped off around the letters and did them in place. Those were a pain and if you get up close to them you can see they're not perfect around the edges.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts