Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love PLASTI DIP. what a great tool for designing ideas and if they don't look right you just peel it away. what are some of the uses that you have used PLASTI DIP on? here a a few on mine. Some have since been swithed over to actuall paint though because the PLASTI DIP worked out as I hoped it would and needed the durability of paint. But without the PLASTI DIP I would have NEVER done it with paint first.

Yes the aluminum plenum ( side not it doesn't stick real well to the coating they used on it )

My home made phantom grill insert

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
very creative...looks great. I have not done anything as aggressive as you...just the chrome shifter surround and satin steering wheel inserts

·
Registered
828 Posts
very creative...looks great. I have not done anything as aggressive as you...just the chrome shifter surround and satin steering wheel inserts

I've been thinking about doing the same but wasn't sure how it would look.... love it!!! I hate being blinded all the time by that stupid chrome shifter surround!!! Every Dodge I've owned had the same problem.

·
Registered
610 Posts
do you have a pic of the lights on with the grill on?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
woops forgot I also did the side mirrors to cover some damage on the driver side mirror...ended up really digging the look so I was happy with the results

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have looked everywhere! and cant find plasti dip? Walmart, Home Depo, Canadian Tire, and a few paint shops in town, nobody has it or even knows what the stuff is.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
I have done:
door side sill plates (didn't hold up long w boots scraping on it).
Door handles.
Mirror housings.
Wheels.
Grille surround.
Exhaust tips (I wouldn't do that one again).
Fuel door.
Roof (didnt like it and peeled it up).
Emblems. 392 sides. Grille emblems dipped and hand painted. Dodge lettering on tail dipped black.

On my truck: same plus grille. Chrome surround on center console inside.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How does the plastidip hold up on wheels? Do you have to remove the tires to get good coverage or do you just mask off at the edges?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 187 Posts