Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Plasti dipped stripes, grill surround, and the stripes on the chin spoiler, don't know if I like those yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did my R/T rear wing...

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
How do you guys get the mask edge so damn clean? Everytime i use tht stuff, i go to peel the mask line up, and it pulls the plastidip and leaves a nasty edge?

·
Registered
456 Posts
If your doing a large area, as your adding each layer try to keep the spray off the tape line. Get it as close as you can without going over onto the tape. A little bit is fine but keep it to a minimum. Then on your last layer go right down the line with a heavy coat, wait just a minute or so and gently peel the tape back while its wet. Its great, you can get real creative.

misted tail lights and stripes

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
also did my spoiler
[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: ChrisNTN

·
Registered
285 Posts
I did my grille, wheels, gas cap, spoiler, and dash trim. When I had the front end off for the 392 spoiler, I did the headlights so that they always look round

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
shifter surround, steering wheel inserts, DODGE lettering, side mirrors

·
Registered
74 Posts
How do you guys get the mask edge so damn clean? Everytime i use tht stuff, i go to peel the mask line up, and it pulls the plastidip and leaves a nasty edge?
wait 30 or so seconds after the last coat then peel the tape.... if you let it dry to long it will adhere to the tape....

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Dont have fb.. Lol. But from what ive gathered, you just stay off the mask line until the last coat, lay it down heavy, and immediately peel mask off?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts