Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about plasti-dipping my wheels, but photoshopped the look 1st to see if I'd like it...I like the look, but not sure if I like it on my car.

Whaddya think, should I or shouldn't I?

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think I'd go the other way, dark in the center and bright on the outside rim.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I like the look, but beware of severe dust accumulation with PD. I PDed a set of wheels for the track, and they werea pain to keep clean. But I really like the look you have going

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wade,

Did you use glossifier or keep it the matte finish?

Jack

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wade,

Jack
Jack,

I kept the matte finish to go with my matte black and red design.

Wade

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'd go the other way, dark in the center and bright on the outside rim.
Not sure I follow...are you talking about having the spokes and their bases black and leave the space in between the spoke bases the rim color?

Basically opposite of what I originally photoshopped is prob an easier way for me to have said that...

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wade,

Jack
Hadn't planned on using glossifier, was thinking just on keeping matte finish...but really hadn't put that much thought into it yet, was just trying to decide if it would be worth all the trouble to tape off and spray...

Edit: sorry, just noticed that was not addressed to me, a thousand pardons!

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like them. I'd do it.
I can't quit waffling on it...I really like the look, but with no other black stripes or anything (anything significant like a black spoiler or something) on the car I feel like its just too radical of an accent...I don't know, maybe I'll just do the front and back on one side and drive for a while and see how I like it before going all the way

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it looks good, I would do the whole edge of the wheel in black so its only the spokes that are silver though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I agree it would look better probably if spokes were only silver part, but the wheels have an odd casting to them that has a little lip at the base of the spokes, which is why I drew the color outline like that - following raised edge along spoke base...

Sorry, that's probably confusing as hell...disregard all that, I decided to do the two wheels on driver's side to see if I like the look on the car in real life, so I'll post a close-up pic of finished wheel so u can see what I was referring to up there.

That'll be easier than trying to decipher my cryptic descriptions...

Nuke

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wheel pics

The tape follows the raised edge of the spoke base...I just did it that way for simplicity...I guess I could have just stopped at spoke base and painted raised area black with rest of rim outer ring, but seems like that would look weird up close...oh well, gonna give it the old college try this way for now, if no bueno, may have to retape and do again w/out spoke bases

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Wheel pics

The tape follows the raised edge of the spoke base...I just did it that way for simplicity...I guess I could have just stopped at spoke base and painted raised area black with rest of rim outer ring, but seems like that would look weird up close...oh well, gonna give it the old college try this way for now, if no bueno, may have to retape and do again w/out spoke bases
I still dont completely get what you mean, but go for it and see what you like. Trial and error.

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the two driver's side done and back on car, now just need to wait for daylight to see how much of my inner Picasso I was able to channel...6 hrs til daylight, guess it's time to start drinking!!

Thanks for everybody's input, I'll post a couple shots taken in daylight after I come to tomorrow and inspect my handy work.

Nuke, OUT!

Reactions: NFD3L

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Proof of Concept

Well, in the light of day, one thing is clear: I'm still undecided...so I guess I'll just drive around with it half done for a while and see which side eventually wins.

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you put glossifier on the dip its harder to get off. Fonz did it himself in YouTube.

I say no to 2nd pic

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Something else that's clear...

When I'm half-drunk and bored, like I was last night, someone should keep a close eye on me, lest something catches on fire...like my house!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry.not my cup of tea

Not sure if its mine either...but I spent so much time and effort taping, spraying, untaping, etc that I'm hesitant to just remove it so quick...wondering if its like a crazy woman, could learn to love after the shock wears off...and she stops breaking stuff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts