Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Will the chiller damage the pipe?
No. You only spray it enough to chill the plastic to make it more brittle and hopefully easier to remove from the exhaust pipe. If you are lucky when you go to scrape the plastic off the exhaust the plastic just comes off in one piece.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The plastic stuck on the exhaust reminds of a funny experience I had back in 1974 with a team of Toyota engineers from Japan. I was asked to write up an emissions manual for service techs who would be introduced to the 1975 emissions systems which were equipped with catalytic converters. The engineers were examining a pre-production vehicle with a catalytic convertor. They had run over a plastic dry cleaning bag which melted on the exhaust and formed huge bubbles. The engineers were flabbergasted as to what happened to the exhaust system thinking that it got so hot that the pipe was melting. I couldn't understand what they were saying as they only spoke Japanese but it was funny watching them and seeing them puffing away on Cherry Cigarettes they acquired from the Duty Free Shop and intensely studying the large melted plastic bubbles on the exhaust. Luckily, there was no fire.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The plastic stuck on the exhaust reminds of a funny experience I had back in 1974 with a team of Toyota engineers from Japan. I was asked to write up an emissions manual for service techs who would be introduced to the 1975 emissions systems which were equipped with catalytic converters. The engineers were examining a pre-production vehicle with a catalytic convertor. They had run over a plastic dry cleaning bag which melted on the exhaust and formed huge bubbles. The engineers were flabbergasted as to what happened to the exhaust system thinking that it got so hot that the pipe was melting. I couldn't understand what they were saying as they only spoke Japanese but it was funny watching them and seeing them puffing away on Cherry Cigarettes they acquired from the Duty Free Shop and intensely studying the large melted plastic bubbles on the exhaust. Luckily, there was no fire.
what's the likelihood of my plastic catching fire? I think it's all on the outside pictured above

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It’s probably the bag from the movie American Beauty
haha I don't know the context behind it, I gotta watch the movie at some point

Reminds me of the iconic wrapper scene of no country for old men

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,745 Posts
Reactions: Gila Hemi