Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered new rocker covers because mine are cracked deformed and look like hell can’t decide whether I want to leave them black paint them black or actually try and match the body color which is also crystal black The problem is the front spoiler and the bottom lip of the back bumper cover is grayed out I hit those with tire shine and make them black again but they still go back to Gray. Not sure how complicated I want to make this

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I hit the rocker covers with foam tire shine whenever I do the tires which is basically every oil change - about 5,000 miles. I had a car the rear license plate bezel turned gray on. I got tired of using Back to Black as it still faded. I gave it about 5 coats of black PlastiDip, left it on for several day, and then removed it. The bezel was back to black and never faded again. Obviously, there must be a residual effect. I'm not a chemist and have no idea why this worked; but, it did. I'm thinking about doing the same to the black trim on top of the rear bumper by the trunk opening.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,738 Posts
If you paint the rockers, you're then in for all the trim/front spoiler

A Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts