Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So during my build I only have hit one snag so far lol I took my tail lights cus I wanted the murder out look, just all black! He took 2 and half months with my lights! How hard is to smoke lights! He kept giving the run around I got pissed and him to F off and i wanted my lights, well he wouldn’t give them to me until I paid him, idk for what, but at point I just wanted my lights paid him and give him so not to nice words not only he did a crappy job
The lights were blotchy and uneven, which It can be undone and done

The worse part is that he mess up my trim with fine scratches like they ran a razor blade and they are stained In several parts, this Is just one example

IMG_3359.jpg

Does anyone sell Mopar OEM paint trim spray paint, I was thinking to do a light said and use Mopar OEM paint trim to try to make it closer to original.
I know dupli color makes oem match paint but I didn’t find Mopar Paint trim

I only tried to clean it with windex and soapy water and no luck I don’t what other thing to try to clean them.

I tried to look at the catalog and it seems they don’t sell the trim around the lights they come with the whole light as a unit, I am going to ask tomorrow if by any chance I am wrong crossing my fingers

Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,605 Posts
I'd be more inclined to restore the trim. It won't fix any razor blade marks, but would get rid of the blotchiness, and if you get a quality product, it's good for years. IE:

My plastic was coated almost 4 years ago and still looks like new

A Hiu

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be more inclined to restore the trim. It won't fix any razor blade marks, but would get rid of the blotchiness, and if you get a quality product, it's good for years. IE:

My plastic was coated almost 4 years ago and still looks like new

A Hiu
I can live with the scratches I waiting to get my chemical guys Factory Finish Trim Coating and Protectant and see if that does the trick

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,605 Posts
Let us know how you like it, and then it's longevity. A true coating can last years, other products only months

A Guy

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how you like it, and then it's longevity. A true coating can last years, other products only months

A Guy
I mean I plan to spray it at least once a month I like to do a detail cleaning once a month but I will post it up when I get it , the one I got is not super shine but rather a stock shine and that I want all my trim to look stock new

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,605 Posts
Yeah, shine where it wasn't originally is not my thing, lol

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,605 Posts
Well, except under hood