Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MAJOR problem with keeping the lower plastic pieces surrounding the car (rear bumper and side skirts). I was thinking about dipping these in Black with 3-4 coats on. That way when I head to shows just pull it off and wipe it down. I spent a good hour cleaning one side on monday due to some sort of grease. Any thoughts on this? I'm really leaning towards this for the sides due to the back trim isnt as bad. Any down sides for this idea??

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have a MAJOR problem with keeping the lower plastic pieces surrounding the car (rear bumper and side skirts). I was thinking about dipping these in Black with 3-4 coats on. That way when I head to shows just pull it off and wipe it down. I spent a good hour cleaning one side on monday due to some sort of grease. Any thoughts on this? I'm really leaning towards this for the sides due to the back trim isnt as bad. Any down sides for this idea??
PlastiDip ATTRACTS dust and is a pita at least in my experience

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im just saying for temporary use, so when I go to a show or want to show off the car id peel it off so i dont have to spend an hour cleaning the sides.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey man I did this already on my car. I guess you didn't notice it when we drove to Tulsa! It works great and is very simple to apply and peal off. It protects from rock chips quite well. Let me know if you have more questions on how to do it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
I can only post one at a time from my phone for some reason

Attachments

·
Registered