Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was thinking of getting a black fuel door, so I did this today, I'm liking the way it looks, so I'm gonna go the black route.

Was wondering how you guys did the "Fuel" print, wasn't sure how to tape that off, so I just went over it, but I would like to know what you did on that part tape wise.

Still have a little chrome showing on the top, even after 6 coats...........my stripes should be here in a few days, so I'm hoping this all comes out looking good.

Was thinking of hitting the GT emblem in front, gotta think that one out.

Thanks

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks good! I did mine I just peeled the plasti-cote off the fuel emblem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good job..........I did that to a 2014 R/T ran it for over a year still looked good, then traded it in....eventual surprise for new owner.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i plasti dipped mine graphite to match my stripes and is holding up nice
dacuda, that's looking good, noticed you have a decal on the spoiler, thinking of doing this myself, can you post a little better pic of the spoiler , front & back when you have some spare time.

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have never used plasti Dip and want to also make my fuel door matte black. anyone have any tips for me? also how did you get the hinge area to not chip? or does it chip when opening? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,776 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never used plasti Dip and want to also make my fuel door matte black. anyone have any tips for me? also how did you get the hinge area to not chip? or does it chip when opening? Thanks!
Ive done mine a month or so ago, had a mishap with some gas, but re-did it, still looks pretty good, except at the hinge your talking about, so instead of fooling around with this every month or so, I'm just gonna get a black cap and be done with it...........

Make sure you have something for the overspray, I put some poly wrap over the trunk and sides and the door........I used about 5-6 coats.

Rich

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Funny, when I started my Challenger search the first thing that disqualified it was a non chrome gas cap. I had no idea you could just swap them out. I like the chrome............old school like me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts