Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a letter in the mail today, about an offer from a local dealership offering to buy back my 2016 Dodge Challenger for more than I bought it for, 23k miles later.

I'm a firm subscriber to the "if it's too good to be true, it usually is" but If this isn't the case...

Think it's a scam to get me to come in?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
YUP >>

·
Registered
90 Posts
Scam to get you to come in, then once you're there they'll give you a bunch of reasons why your car isn't worth the quoted price, and I'm sure it's only applicable if you buy a new car from them, which they'll gouge you on to make up for the price on your trade in. Yes, too good to be true

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
Try it. Worst case, you get to give them heck.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts
I've seen ads before

But I'm sure it's as mentioned, it's not worth that because...

A Guy

·
Registered
90 Posts
While we're at it, I've received several spam calls from the dealer for my current car. Did you know my 2012 Ford Taurus is in high demand and if I head in now they can get me a once in a lifetime deal on a trade in? Who knew the Taurus was such a limited edition vehicle!

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I figured. My brother is in the market for a car and we were going to go see a few so I might swing by anyways and laugh heartily when they give me the actual offer. ?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You will almost for sure laugh when they tell you what they will give you. A friend took his pretty much unliked 2013 Silverado with 8K miles on it into one of those buyback things and the offer was just so ridiculous it pissed him off and he left without even getting to the new car pricing. Weird thing about it, about 3 months later, another dealer offered him a really decent price on it when he traded it in on his '17 Scatpack. He got a great deal all around on that transaction. The truck was never on the lot, it was sold the same day he traded it, and he saw it the next morning at Bob Evans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts