Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sickos....not me, the car! :bigthumb:

I am rolling this all into one. I finally got my tag, lowered her, MGP caliper covers came in, RPI goodies came in and polished it off with some Liquid ICE.

Watcha think?

I am a little perplexed as the place I took it for the alignment said they can't align it without a camber kit. My tires are like /\ -1.7 to -2.1 depending on the tire. The dealer I had lower it would have done the alignment but their machine was tornadoed.

Dealer says camber kit not needed :scratchhead:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Looks nice Tomas. Why's the plate say SRT when it's a RT? Don't drive her to much till you get her aligned.

·
Registered
999 Posts
great looking car, looks really great!! did you see the exterior mods I did on mine? we went a different route though, have you installed the scoop kit yet?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem buddy. Hopefully i can get the alignment issue resolved fairly soon.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great looking car, looks really great!! did you see the exterior mods I did on mine? we went a different route though, have you installed the scoop kit yet?
Im not sure if i've seen your mods or not? I did get the scoop kit installed. Shoot me the thread link so i can check it out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looking great man! What springs did you go with?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, they are Eibach

·
Registered
999 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how was the install? where did you decide to go to get the kit? decent price? and any performance gains?

here is the thread, I went a different direction than you, although i'd love to lower her! did you install the springs yourself?

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...s-hemi-challenger-badges-392-c-spoiler-58220/
I got the scoop kit from speedlogix install was really easy and everytime I rub the car it goes faster:bigthumb:

I didn't install the springs and now I am worried. The dealer told me that I didn't need any aftermarket parts to align correctly but this is what I got from the alignment shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Wow looks awesome! The detailing makes it look really nice.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Looks good man. Are those the pro or sportline eibach springs? did you just do springs or did you get the dampers? i'm thinking about getting the sportline kit with the dampers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
so they did throw the car on the rack and checked your alignment then? i was going to say you'd only need the camber plates if the alignment was off. allot of times you can throw springs and struts on there and come out still within specs. looks like whoever did your spring install didnt get that lucky. id invest in some quality camber plates. slap them on then go have the alignment shop take care of things so you dont eat thru your tires.

looks great with the drop. can't wait to drop ours. right after i drop my trailblazer, just picked up springs and struts for it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good man. Are those the pro or sportline eibach springs? did you just do springs or did you get the dampers?
I just did the springs. That is what the dealer suggested. The car drives great other than being pigeon toed. :werd:

so they did throw the car on the rack and checked your alignment then? have the alignment shop take care of things so you dont eat thru your tires.
The dealer didn't check the alignment as there machine was damaged in the Ringgold Tornado, but insisted that I take it somewhere. I took it to a local tire and alignment shop, and they said they couldn't do anything with it (of course they still charged me $90) :scratchhead:

Have talked to my local dealer about what to do and he has set up an alignment for me with a guy at the Ford store who does alot of these. I am dropping my Dodge off at the Ford store tomorrow. Does that just sound wrong :disgust:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts