Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for the hell of it I googled "wrecked dodge challenger pictures" this morning and what I saw compelled me to post this here. There are many more this bad and worse.

Public streets are not race tracks so please consider the consequences of failure when endangering yourself, your loved ones and innocent others. I was a street racer back in the 60s and when I think back to some of the insane shit I did I'm lucky to be alive.

This small sample is the result of losing control at 150 mph. All three occupants were killed.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Pretty sure you could buff that out

Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I think it is called caring! But it is waisted on some.
Think you meant wasted, but come on, while I hunted for that awesome video on Youtube, i got to watching even more wild wrecks. Public service announcements like this don't really do anything except entertain.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Think you meant wasted, but come on, while I hunted for that awesome video on Youtube, i got to watching even more wild wrecks. Public service announcements like this don't really do anything except entertain.
How could anyone consider that video "awesome?" It takes a pretty twisted mind to enjoy watching someone lose their life in a car accident. The OP was sharing a real-life incident to warn people and you saw it as entertainment? You need help.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Unless you are in one of them. It never hurts to look at from the what if side.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think it is called caring! But it is wasted on some.
Yeah thanks for the post! They are pretty safe cars at reasonable speeds, but for crazy stuff it's best for a track.

Reactions: PSM450

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ya know, I've always been of the frame of thought: "let those without sin cast the first stone". Being honest, as the OP is, in admitting, in our younger days, and for some even now, we have indulged in street racing and other stupid things in cars. That doesn't make it right or wrong, it is what it is. I recall, in high school, there were a lot of traffic related deaths involving teens, mostly street racing, reported almost every month. We learn, or should be learning from ours and others mistakes.
Times have changed. Due to laws stemming from the "Fast & Furious" movies it is now jail time to be caught street racing in very many jurisdictions, in addition to the possibility of something unforeseen happening and someone getting hurt or killed. Now I am not a hypocrit who will say I've never went over the speed limit or went around a curve a little faster than was posted, because I've done those things; and, occasionally still do. I also fully recognize what my responsibilities are to other drivers and theiir passengers. I think the OP is dead on in reminding all of us, with a whole lot of power comes a whole lot of responsibility; &, to drive safely and wisely. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
How could anyone consider that video "awesome?" It takes a pretty twisted mind to enjoy watching someone lose their life in a car accident. The OP was sharing a real-life incident to warn people and you saw it as entertainment? You need help.
I thought that was the whole point of NASCAR races :eek3:

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,428 Posts

And entice people to show their true colors.

Standard wheels
Driver Convenience Group
Leather Interior Group
Sound Group II
8.4 Uconnect (No Nav)
Technology Group

Passed on:
Scat Pack Appearance Group - didn't want grill blacked out
Dodge Stripes - have my own ideas in mind!
Sun Roof - having A/C is "un-muscle car enough!"

·
Registered
834 Posts
Please keep the mini van moms going to Walmart after 10pm with their kids off the roads and at home where they should be. Please keep the "strays" who have lost their license because of multiple DUI's and can't drive out of the intersections at times they shouldn't be crossing. Please keep the big ass diesels with their gay ass black smoke out the tail pipe bs back on the farm where they belong. Please don't give us the "I had my fun and grew up so now I'm going to play hypocrite and school all of you even though nothing ever happened to me". And most of all, please direct the same advice to guys like Jay Leno who do smokey burnouts in 700 hp cars on a crowded residential street.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/hellcat-jay-lenos-garage-249994/

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,069 Posts
Regarding that you tube video, I read a post on a forum from a guy that actually lost his wife and daughter in that accident! It's pretty sad that people find a tragedy like that entertaining. It is pretty spectacular but horrific at the same time. Imagine how this person felt seeing his family killed on video.
It's inevitable there are people that will buy Hellcats that are probably not skilled or responsible enough to own one. I hope I'm wrong, but with that kind of power and speed, the chances of losing it are much greater.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Regarding that you tube video, I read a post on a forum from a guy that actually lost his wife and daughter in that accident! It's pretty sad that people find a tragedy like that entertaining. It is pretty spectacular but horrific at the same time. Imagine how this person felt seeing his family killed on video.
It's inevitable there are people that will buy Hellcats that are probably not skilled or responsible enough to own one. I hope I'm wrong, but with that kind of power and speed, the chances of losing it are much greater.
When I bought my R/T, a couple of people asked if I'd bought it for one of my sons. In addition to wondering why they didn't think it could be MINE, I wondered who would buy a car like that for a young man under 25. I know how I'd have driven it at that age, and I knew some folks who were worse, some of whom didn't survive it.

Reactions: Mr.Wilson392

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I've commented in other topics to the extent that it already has quite enough power to kill you real good, so don't worry so badly about 15-20 hp just to get parity with the other performance cars.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I bought my R/T, a couple of people asked if I'd bought it for one of my sons. In addition to wondering why they didn't think it could be MINE, I wondered who would buy a car like that for a young man under 25. I know how I'd have driven it at that age, and I knew some folks who were worse, some of whom didn't survive it.
I'm now 26, and I realize how dangerous these vehicles are. My parents had the same frame of mind as you do, and did not allow me to have a fast car growing up. Unfortunately, I have learned through losing some people who I knew, that I'm fortunate I survived some of the things I did when I was younger. One of my friends also will never be the same, because a truck cut in front of his motorcycle at an intersection. Thank you to the OP for posting these pictures, I showed my younger brother who is 17 and has a lead foot, what could happen doing irresponsible things in a vehicle. Now as someone else posted, I'm not casting stones, I'm simply agreeing with the initial message to take care. It's not always something in our control, a tractor trailer could jack knife on the highway, or a soccer mom with kids in the car could cut in front of you in the fast lane. I grew up with one of my neighbors, who around the age of five lost her father in a car accident that the rest of the family survived. I can't imagine how she, or her mother feels to this day, spending their lives without him. I'm sure I'm not the only one here, who wouldn't be able to forgive themselves if we cost someone else, or their loved ones' their lives.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts