Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,734 Posts
Geez, didn't someone else just have wires bad in that area? I would hit up a junk yard, and get another connector with as much harness as you can, and solder splice in a new connector.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,740 Posts
My buddy's Challenger refuses to fire, after looking at it we noticed that wires had been severed. Can anyone please help tell us what the wires go to, what gauges they are, and if that could be the issue. Thank you for your time.
No direct experience -- thank goodness -- but over the years I came across a number of it so happens Porsche cars damaged by rodents.

In every case due to the cost of the repair the owner filed a claim under his home owners insurance to cover the considerable cost of the repair. The biggest expense was the wiring damage. The techs made no attempt to repair the damaged wiring.

The solution was to remove the old damaged wiring -- by removing the wiring harness the damaged wiring was a part of -- and replacing with a new wiring harness. In some cases this required considerable labor cost. In one case with a 996 Turbo Cab the engine had to come out so the engine wiring harness could be replaced.

Depending upon what the wiring connects to soldering may not be a viable solution. And crimp connector repairs can bring their own problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts