Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best tuner, if any, for a stock 2017 Dodge Challenger rt, 5.7L?

looking at installing a CAI, but not sure what else. Any help with biggest bang for the buck is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,312 Posts
Your 2017 will require unlocking the PCM - or purchase of a seperate pre-unlocked PCM and swapping it out for your stock one. Then you can tune. Diablo makes plug n play for this stuff very easy and has packages avail which have all you'll need. There are certainly others out there. As far as CAI, the OEM hellcat lower box, air tube, DIPS screens and a dry hi-flow airfilter is going to be the best bang for your $ set up.
You can expect about 30hp gain from doing the above with a canned tune, good air & good fuel...then youll want/need some good wide sticky tires, otherwise, its all for not, from a perf gain perspective.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Your 2017 will require unlocking the PCM - or purchase of a seperate pre-unlocked PCM and swapping it out for your stock one. Then you can tune. Diablo makes plug n play for this stuff very easy and has packages avail which have all you'll need. There are certainly others out there. As far as CAI, the OEM hellcat lower box, air tube, DIPS screens and a dry hi-flow airfilter is going to be the best bang for your $ set up.
You can expect about 30hp gain from doing the above with a canned tune, good air & good fuel...then youll want/need some good wide sticky tires, otherwise, its all for not, from a perf gain perspective.

Are there any dyno results with the Diablo? I was actually looking for my 6.4 but couldn’t find anything online.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,034 Posts
Are there any dyno results with the Diablo? I was actually looking for my 6.4 but couldn’t find anything online.
This guys says

After buying a cracked PCM and Diablo Sport tuner it was time for a dyno run to see if the 93 canned tune would produce more power. In comparison to my last dyno which was 433hp and 432 torque I picked up 21hp & 35 torque. Cooler weather, Low DA and different dyno will throw it off a bit but still an improvement

A Guy

Reactions: Cominfromcamaro

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,034 Posts
Diablosport would be an unlocked PCM and a tuner. Canned 93 tune is pretty good

HP Tuners more options, but think you'd need a custom tune, and of course a tuner that tunes with HP Tuners

A Guy

·
Registered
167 Posts
What is the best tuner, if any, for a stock 2017 Dodge Challenger rt, 5.7L?

looking at installing a CAI, but not sure what else. Any help with biggest bang for the buck is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
I have a 2017 RT Plus BT and just did the PCM swap w/Diablo i3 and HF 93 octane tune here is that discussion: Tuner Question Discussion I can honestly say the experience woke the RT up. I dropped almost a full second in the 0-60 but need more aggressive racing tires to see the full potential. HF checked my logs and told me to stick with the HF canned 93 tune (Different from Diablo canned 93 tune) I wish I tried the canned Diablo tune before the HF to give more incite however I paid HF so i'm rolling HF. True question is worth the $$ or not could you see more gains doing another mod at that price point. I like you had to do the PCM swap other pre 15 I believe already have it unlocked and then the price makes a lot more sense however as you continue to mod this one is complete so you can take full advantage of those mods without the unlocked PCM for us no tune...

-Dogg

·
Registered
981 Posts
93 tune. Hmm. Yep, 93 doesn’t exist in Colorado, wonder how that affects the ability to tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts