Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about picking up a new or nice used Challenger in the near future. I currently daily drive an LS1 02 Firebird. I love the car but as being a taller person (6'4"), I just can't get quite comfortable in it. Sat in a Hellcat recently and felt good but I have no idea what daily driving a modern challenger is like for a tall driver. I know I could rent one and may do that; however, I thought I'd check this forum out and see what others have to say.

Any taller drivers out there that have moved from a 4th Gen Bird to the modern Challenger that can chime in on this. Your thoughts would be most appreciated and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'm 6'4" and it's one of the main reasons I first looked at the Challengers. Plenty of headroom, just make sure you use the power to drop the seat down. Both of my Challengers have sunroofs that eat into headroom and I still have no problem at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 6'4" and it's one of the main reasons I first looked at the Challengers. Plenty of headroom, just make sure you use the power to drop the seat down. Both of my Challengers have sunroofs that eat into headroom and I still have no problem at all.
Thanks for the info and reply!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 6.1, and I found better headroom with cars without a sunroof, the sunroof seems to hang down around 2 inches from the non sunroof, atleast on the older 2009-2010s I find,
I'll have to keep the sun roof in mind. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
911 Posts
6'-5" here. I have to try on cars like shoes :) Always a MOPAR guy so the choice was easy for selecting my SRT Challenger. Most comfort with performance out there IMO. Telescoping wheel and good variety of seat adjustment a must.

I agree on the sunroof delete. I track and strip my car on occasion and a sunroof will not be good if planning on a helmet for needed headroom.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have a ‘78 Firebird and a ‘15 SRT and am 6’4” too. I fit in the Challeger very well and I can ride an awfully long way comfortably. I echo the sunroof comments. I have driven a Challenger with a sunroof and with the seat all the way down my head hits the sunroof frame. My height comes from my torso (34” inseam) so that may be a factor. I’d invest in a rental to rule out any issues. It’s too much to spend to find out you have issues fitting in.....don’t think you will, but it will confirm it for you

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll have to keep the sun roof in mind. Thanks for the reply!
I'm 6'2" but long torso, and even in a 2015 Challenger I found my head would make contact with the interior roof due to the sunroof. For me, sunroof was a dealbreaker. With my non-sunroof scat pack, headroom is excellent.

I strongly recommend you test drive one with a sunroof to confirm it works for you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm 6-5, 260# & 66 y/o. I tried on a SRT w/ sunroof and that wasn't going to work for me. I found a R/T w/o sunroof that made a huge difference, I can wear a hat and still inches to spare. All my big and tall friends and relatives have been surprised how easy they fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6'-5" here. I have to try on cars like shoes :) Always a MOPAR guy so the choice was easy for selecting my SRT Challenger. Most comfort with performance out there IMO. Telescoping wheel and good variety of seat adjustment a must.

I agree on the sunroof delete. I track and strip my car on occasion and a sunroof will not be good if planning on a helmet for needed headroom.
Great info and thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm 6-5, 260# & 66 y/o. I tried on a SRT w/ sunroof and that wasn't going to work for me. I found a R/T w/o sunroof that made a huge difference, I can wear a hat and still inches to spare. All my big and tall friends and relatives have been surprised how easy they fit.
Apprecite the feedback. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a ‘78 Firebird and a ‘15 SRT and am 6’4” too. I fit in the Challeger very well and I can ride an awfully long way comfortably. I echo the sunroof comments. I have driven a Challenger with a sunroof and with the seat all the way down my head hits the sunroof frame. My height comes from my torso (34” inseam) so that may be a factor. I’d invest in a rental to rule out any issues. It’s too much to spend to find out you have issues fitting in.....don’t think you will, but it will confirm it for you

View attachment 979162
Same inseam here, so this is geat info! Nice cars too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is really good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Need to know your build. I'm a bug guy, overweight. 6' even. My hair touched headliner around sunroof drop with seat back all the way, and down all the way. Another inch and I wouldn't be comfortable with a sunroof. But (or I should say "butt") my build probably adds a couple inches in how far I should sit down into the seat. So a slender 6'3" might be OK with a sunroof, I'll let you know more as I lose more weight!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the quick replys everyone, really appreciate it! Found a real nice non sunroof 2015 R/T Plus with the 6speed manual and black on black. I'll be joining you all as a Challenger brother this Friday :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2002 TA in the garage and bought my wife the 2018 RT+ with Sun Roof. At 6'1" hands down the RT. You do need the power seat (wish I had the automatic settings - my wife is 5'3"). My daily driver is a 1500 RAM and I'm very comfortable in that. I can wear a hat in either Dodge - the TA is too hard to get in with the T-tops on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm late to the party as usual but I am 6'8" and 308 pounds and not sure how I crammed myself into the old 4th gen f-bodies. I did have the seat leaned back quite a bit though on my SS and Z28's. I seemed to have noticed the pre '15 challengers had little more room than the newer ones for some reason. My guess is a new seat design. The sunroof knocks off about 3-4 inches of headroom, my car had the sunroof and the seat is tilted back a little and my hair rubs the headliner. That is the only thing I don't like about my car but it is tolerable since the rest of the car is perfect for me. Without a sunroof I have more headroom in these cars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts