Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,367 Posts
The nittos sacrifice some track performance for a little more streetability compared to M/T and M&H. Good if you drive to the strip on your drag setup. But from what I've seen other cars do your 60ft should be way lower than that, did the tires get hard? What's the birthday?

· Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,367 Posts
Would it be a bad idea after these Nitto's wear out to maybe go with a full slick tire? I have different rims for the drag radials already. Thought about slicks to begone with but was worried they might hook hard enough to cause breakage in my diff or drive shaft. Looking st Hoosier 28x10x18 since my rims are 18's.
You're car is pretty much stock power so I think you'll be ok on a slick but don't take my word for it. You can also try something like the M/T Street SS. It's comparable to the NT05r but a little better on the strip and sacrifices a little streetability.

· Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,367 Posts
Would the M/T Street SS be a better choice than the Street R?
Do you drive to the track on radials? Street R's will perform better on the track but the SS will be better if you have to do a little bit of street driving too

Reactions: shak3r

· Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,367 Posts
Well, I dropped the tire pressure to 16psi, unhooked the front sway bar, and ran her down to less than a quarter of a tank. Launched at 1200 rpm instead of 2000. Ran a 12.56 at 113mph with a 1.9 60foot. Cut my 60 by 2 tenths and quarter by 3 tenths!
How was it hooking? Think it could've launched a little harder like 1500 maybe? Nice job tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.