Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. So recently I bought a kenwood dnx5190 radio and I’m getting confused on what I need. So far I have the radio itself and The dash install kit. From my research I need the PAC C2R CHY4 and a gps antenna for the navigation. That’s all I need correct? And if I need need the antenna which one do I meed. Thanks everyone this has been a bit frustrating to figure out

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
What year mode is the car in question, and what audio package was installed in it at the factory (base, sound group II, etc)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year mode is the car in question, and what audio package was installed in it at the factory (base, sound group II, etc)
Thanks for the reply . And I can’t tell . I went thru the Crutchfield site and they asked questions and it’s saying I have Boston acuustics with 8 speaker. I thought it was6. I do know for sure that I have an amp tho

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
Add your car’s VIN (in all caps) to the end of this URL and paste it into a browser’s address box:

Hit enter, and it should return a PDF version of the car’s build sheet. Save that off and go through the listed items looking for any items with “radio”, “audio”, or “sound” in it.

Or better yet, paste your VIN into a reply and we can pull it ourselves to see what the factory audio package was

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
Thank u. I apparently have 6 speaker system with 276 watt amp with radio 130
Yep, so the factory amp has 6 channels, one for each speaker (as opposed to the base audio package with no amp and only 4 channels of power from head-unit pushing the 6 stock speakers), and you will definitely want the PAC device to interface with (or even bypass) the stock amp. That’s the easiest and cleanest way to work with that stock setup you have.

If you have steering wheel mounted audio controls, you may need an extra harness for the PAC adapter to maintain that functionality, so be sure to check PAC’s documentation to see.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m reading the harness I saw earlier will work. The unit has nav so hopefully the antenna on Crutchfield will work . Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
I’m reading the harness I saw earlier will work. The unit has nav so hopefully the antenna on Crutchfield will work . Thanks for the help
I skimmed the details listed on Crutchfield’s site for that PAC device, and it’s saying you will need the PAC SWI-CP2 adapter to maintain steering wheel audio controls.

So If you have those controls on the back of the steering wheel and want to keep using them, it looks like you’ll need that sw1-cp2 harness too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I skimmed the details listed on Crutchfield’s site for that PAC device, and it’s saying you will need the PAC SWI-CP2 adapter to maintain steering wheel audio controls.

So If you have those controls on the back of the steering wheel and want to keep using them, it looks like you’ll need that sw1-cp2 harness too.
Right I just looked at that. My problem is I can see the speaker in the front center of the car . One of the questions is if I have that. Which is why I’m so confused

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
That is curious...and you’re sure there is a speaker under it?

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
I suppose the previous owner could have upgraded the sound system to the 9 speaker version with the bigger amp. Maybe check the stock amp for number of output channels. If it’s > 6, it is not the original stock amp.

All bets are off at that point...🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I suppose the previous owner could have upgraded the sound system to the 9 speaker version with the bigger amp. Maybe check the stock amp for number of output channels. If it’s > 6, it is not the original stock amp.

All bets are off at that point...🤷‍♂️
Okay I don’t have a speaker there . It looks like it but I got the brightest flash light and I don’t see one so with me not seeing it, your help with the build sheet, and the previous owner not doing any mods that I know of . I think it’s safe to assume he didn’t do speakers and I do have the 6 speaker system . I really appreciate your help

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
Yep, sounds like you’re good to go 👍

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay. One last question, (sorry) so I need the metra 40-EU10 antenna adapter, and the PAC RP4-Ch11 Interface to maintain steering wheel Audio conrtols, entertainment center AND amp. That sounds right. I just want to make sure before I purchase

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
Okay. One last question, (sorry) so I need the metra 40-EU10 antenna adapter, and the PAC RP4-Ch11 Interface to maintain steering wheel Audio conrtols, entertainment center AND amp. That sounds right. I just want to make sure before I purchase
that ch11 doesn’t look right, lemme pull up that page I was looking at and see what it saod

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
I found it under factory system adapters.
right, it will adapt for steering whee controls, but I believe it will not interface with the chy4 device you will be using. I believe that device requires a different steering wheel adapter

I may be confused on all this, trying to verify it now

Reactions: A Guy
1 - 20 of 27 Posts