Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten this message screen? I've tried to upload the update from the uconnect website on the USB drive not sure if I'm doing it wrong.
Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Multimedia Technology

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack, Pitch Black, 2015 Challenger SRT -sold, 2011 Challenger SRT8-sold
158 Posts
Has anyone gotten this message screen? I've tried to upload the update from the uconnect website on the USB drive not sure if I'm doing it wrong.

The instruction booklet on the uConnect website says to do this if you get that screen:

If you see the screen below, or the software update has failed and needs to be reloaded. Please read the following tips:

• Use a different USB flash drive.
• Ensure that the only file on the USB flash drive is swdl.iso.
If a screen appears stating that the software install has failed and that the USB needs to be removed to reset, please read the following tips:
• Remove the USB as instructed, allow the radio to reboot.
• The radio will reset and show the message "Please Insert update USB”.
• Insert USB again.
• The software upgrade should take about 30secs to start when asked if you want to update the radio hit YES.
• Upgrade should install and complete successfully this time around.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
382 Posts
The way the USB is formatted matters. I had to format mine NTFS before it would recognize it. I do not think FAT32 should be a problem as that is pretty universal, but I have had mixed luck with exFAT.

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
I’m having the same thing show up when I try to do it. Did you ever get yours done?
Like was mentioned above, you need to extract the file once you have downloaded it to a USB drive. The other issue could be the size of the USB drive. I used a 32G drive, but I don't think it will recognize a drive larger than 64G.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
382 Posts
Like was mentioned above, you need to extract the file once you have downloaded it to a USB drive. The other issue could be the size of the USB drive. I used a 32G drive, but I don't think it will recognize a drive larger than 64G.
The one I have plugged in 24/7 with my music on it is 256GB. That is why I recommend checking the format.

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
The one I have plugged in 24/7 with my music on it is 256GB. That is why I recommend checking the format.
Your car is a 2019. Mine is a 2016. No way does my car recognize 256G. Who knows what the person asking the question has???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts