Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 r/t with about 250k miles on her now. A long time ago I put shorty headers on it and over time a flange has warped and it leaks and sucks. I also moved to an area that requires emissions testing so... I think I want to go ahead and put all new exhaust on the thing.

What's out there now? I thought I would be able to find a whole kit from the engine to the bumper from one company but I'm not having any luck.

I'll probably be rebuilding the engine/trans here soon as she's pretty worn. Cars have gotten crazy expensive and i can restore this one cheaper than I can buy another. By a long shot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add, I definitely need cats and would prefer short tube though if there's a long tube set out there with proper O2 sensor wiring that might work.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 2009 r/t with about 250k miles on her now. A long time ago I put shorty headers on it and over time a flange has warped and it leaks and sucks. I also moved to an area that requires emissions testing so... I think I want to go ahead and put all new exhaust on the thing.

What's out there now? I thought I would be able to find a whole kit from the engine to the bumper from one company but I'm not having any luck.

I'll probably be rebuilding the engine/trans here soon as she's pretty worn. Cars have gotten crazy expensive and i can restore this one cheaper than I can buy another. By a long shot.
You can try giving our sister company Flowmaster a call at 707-544-4761 for additional details. They offer headers, catalytic converter replacements and Cat-back exhaust options for your vehicle. One thing to consider is your future emissions tests. Here in California (and in some States that have adopted our emissions policies) replacement of catalytic converters can only be performed under certain conditions and replacement parts must meet OEM standards. Due to a varying number of local, State and Federal emissions laws you may want to contact your local emissions testing facility or DMV prior to purchase.

-Jason @ Hurst

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,475 Posts

I wouldn't call it a kit, but JBA makes everything from the headers back, it all bolts together, and it's your choice, long tubes or shorties. Their mid pipes can be had with flow-thru cats too.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
You should check your local craigslist for a full SRT8 exhaust from a ‘08-‘10 Challenger. Should mate right up. Could probably score one cheap!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Take a look at BBK shorties for $200 on sale now at Auto Accessories Garage. Then find a shop to do the install for a few hundred more. Done.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts

I have a complete R/T exhaust system from the manifolds back... about 11k on it. Sitting in my basement... let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Look into a "Solo Mach X" dropped one in my 2010 RT and it rocks!!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Which headers did you install that the flanges warped on? It would be a good warning for people possibly looking to buy...…...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts