Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wonder if they are actually extending Plum Crazy production because of high demand and popularity or if its actually low demand and they have paint supply left they need to use. I love the color which is why I bought it but it seems to be a love hate thing with the purple.

I guess we wont know how popular it was til we see production numbers after the full run.

Reactions: 73RallyeJA5

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Here's the reason:

Plum Crazy extended for one more month of production
Given the exceptionally strong demand for Plum Crazy, the Dodge team is responding immediately to enthusiast demand and has extended the production of one of its most desired historic paint colors for the Dodge Challenger and Charger.

Initially, ordering for Plum Crazy was scheduled to end in December 2015. But exceptionally strong customer demand, plus the opportunity to pair this legendary high-impact hue with the new SRT Hellcat stripe, means dealers will be able to continue ordering the high-impact, highly popular color through January.

$995 is a bit steep for a stripe option, especially given what the price point is for the Hellcat.

·
Registered
356 Posts
not too much of a Plum fan but it does look at lot better with the stripes as pictured (also looks a tad darker, could just be the photo) IMHO. Purple just didn't grow on my like the GWE did... But I also rarely see it in person in my area (once in the last couple years). I still like the variety of colors though as to each their own! :grin2:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not a fan of the strips on the Plum Crazy; my Achilles Heel is going to be when they offer the Hellcat in Hemi Orange. Already told the wife to expect a new ride headed our way should that day come!

·
Premium Member
2015 SRT 392
665 Posts
Here's the reason:

Plum Crazy extended for one more month of production
Given the exceptionally strong demand for Plum Crazy, the Dodge team is responding immediately to enthusiast demand and has extended the production of one of its most desired historic paint colors for the Dodge Challenger and Charger.

Initially, ordering for Plum Crazy was scheduled to end in December 2015. But exceptionally strong customer demand, plus the opportunity to pair this legendary high-impact hue with the new SRT Hellcat stripe, means dealers will be able to continue ordering the high-impact, highly popular color through January.

$995 is a bit steep for a stripe option, especially given what the price point is for the Hellcat.

I dunno...1/70th the price you're paying a Hellcat is not too steep imho for amazing stripes.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
326 Posts
I think it looks good!

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Not a fan of the strips on the Plum Crazy; my Achilles Heel is going to be when they offer the Hellcat in Hemi Orange. Already told the wife to expect a new ride headed our way should that day come!
1st the good News: Better tell her "Brace yourself Bridgett!" because Hemi Orange is what GoMango looks like but with a little more pop and wider color variation in shade vs sun. Note the header orange behind the Hemi Orange in the Pict.
Bad News: GoMango wont be available till May now because of the extended run of Purple

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
PCP check in.

I think all the people who want PCP probably already got theirs . 2016 or in the prior years. You either love it or hate it. It's not a color owners "settled" with.

I would side with that fact that Dodge probably over estimated the demand, and got a lot of paint left.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Well I for one am very happy they extended it for another month. My allocation comes up this next Tuesday and PCP will be on my order list.:smile:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Aren't those stripes pretty much identical to what you can get on an SRT392?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,817 Posts
Aren't those stripes pretty much identical to what you can get on an SRT392?
I don't think the SRT stripes are in a carbon fiber pattern.
"New dual full-length body stripes, finished with a carbon-fiber pattern, run from the front fascia, over the roof, down the deck lid, and to the rear fascia; they go around the hood vent."

·
Registered
15,076 Posts
These are the optional silver stripes on the SRT, can also get black. Guess the carbon fiber HC stripes available with all colors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts