Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of you guys or gals out there with PCP Challengers that want to do any powder coating. Hopefully this will save you a little bit (actually a lot) of a headache. I have hunted and searched for months now and finally have a really nice match for Plum Crazy Purple in powder. The color is great and the metalic is perfect. I sent a panel to Mark at Powder Buy the Pound and he went and played with it and sent me back a panel that he coated. Mark is a great guy. Didn't charge me a matching fee or anything. The Powder is a little more expensive then the others. It is going to cost me twenty something per pound. (the others powders cost 10 to 15 per pound) Still, if you have bought any paint to match this car, especially the Dupont Chroma Base, the cost is 45.00 per pint! The powder is a bargain. Having my Strut brace powder coated (Greg at Petty Garage got me set up there) and having my factory HD brake calipers done. There are some really good people that will help you but you have to look for them. Anyway, hope this saves some of you some footwork!
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Are they going to offer the powder for sale off their website or do you have to call and ask for it specifically?

Glad they matched it up for you. I don't have a PCP, but know some folks who do and I'd like to get a lb to have on hand just in case someone needs something small pc'd.

Mike

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Truthfully, I am not sure if it will be on their site or not. We didn't discuss that, however, I did tell him that I would direct anyone that wanted that color to them. Mark is the one who helped me. Very nice guy, so, ask for him and I am sure he will set you up. Now, the panel that he sent me has a color name that he has written on the back of it and I cannot find that color anywhere so, assumptions being what they are, this may be their name for this color. It is Purple Galaxy X-1036. Also guys, I love this color, I think it is a beautiful match, but, before you spend a lot, ask for a sample and make sure you are happy with it. I made my 19 year old son go out and look at it. He says its perfect too. I can't wait to see it on the car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts