Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Question: inspected a 2010 PCP SRT8 last week, and the seat stitching was not purple like in my R/T. I assumed all would be purple - could it be sunfade going to work on the stitching? What have others seen?

On another note - SPRING is COMING!!! :)

·
Banned
484 Posts
I have a SRT PCP and it does not have the purple stiching. None of the ones ive seen do. I think the SRT's just got the color match insert in the seats, and R/T's got the color match stiching. Funny thing is I think all 09 rt classics got the center console color stiched too, but they cut it for 2010. Does your 2010 have purple stiching on the the center console?

·
Registered
322 Posts
my 10srt plum,does not hv the purple either,all pcp classics hv it ,my 10 plum r/t had it a month b4 i even noticed it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, my R/T has purple stitching on console as well. Funny they would vary the approach so much between models. Price of purple synthetic cotton (??) must have spiked - hence the cutback!

-27 deg C (about -10 F?) this morning car lovers = so much for thoughts of spring :indifferent: Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
thought they used s purple swath in the backrest on the srt...

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
thought they used s purple swath in the backrest on the srt...
Correct.

Here's what I've seen on the SRT8 seats
Torred, Brilliant Black, Silver, Hemi Orange = Hemi Orange seat stripe

B5 Blue = Blue seat stripe
Plum Crazy = Plum seat stripe
Detonator Yellow = Yellow seat stripe
Furious Fuchsia = Fuchsia seat stripe w/ full leather white seat facings & FF stitching

All the '08-'10 SRT8 examples I've seen (FF is the exception above) have white stitching on the seat covers / console lid with the microfiber syn. suede center inserts and dark slate gray leather side bolsters.

The B5 Blue R/T classics ('09) had the blue seat stitching along w/ console lid in blue.
The '10 B5 Blue R/T classics then had white seat stitching and a few made it out (early production) with blue console lid stitching that changed to white stitching later in the run for '10.

All the Plum Crazy R/T classics I've seen have the purple stitching on the seats...

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
my 10srt plum,does not hv the purple either,all pcp classics hv it ,my 10 plum r/t had it a month b4 i even noticed it!

Soo, help me out on this, what is the difference between a pcp srt and a
pcp classic? There sure seems to be more versions of this great car than I was ever aware of! Eeither way, I feel lucky as hell to actually have my dream
ride.
:scratchhead::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Correct.

Here's what I've seen on the SRT8 seats
Torred, Brilliant Black, Silver, Hemi Orange = Hemi Orange seat stripe

B5 Blue = Blue seat stripe
Plum Crazy = Plum seat stripe
Detonator Yellow = Yellow seat stripe
Furious Fuchsia = Fuchsia seat stripe w/ full leather white seat facings & FF stitching

All the '08-'10 SRT8 examples I've seen (FF is the exception above) have white stitching on the seat covers / console lid with the microfiber syn. suede center inserts and dark slate gray leather side bolsters.

The B5 Blue R/T classics ('09) had the blue seat stitching along w/ console lid in blue.
The '10 B5 Blue R/T classics then had white seat stitching and a few made it out (early production) with blue console lid stitching that changed to white stitching later in the run for '10.

All the Plum Crazy R/T classics I've seen have the purple stitching on the seats...
hmmmmm, would've been nice if Dodge had included yellow stitching in the DY classics seating like the PC seats:( thanks dodge:icon_evil:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will get check another PCP SRT pretty soon as my dealer is taking one in on a new Cummins Diesel...would be disappointing if they vary the interior approach within the model ie some SRT8's get treatment x, some SRT8's get treatment y. Not good for overall brand image.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Well this helps me out a lot. Thanks for the information. I have been trying to figure out this car and what has been done to it since I got her. She was used w/ 9000 miles. Thanks for clearing up the seat stitching.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts