Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a good deal on a new plum crazy srt8,loaded up but with auto trans,my plum r/t was a 6sp,question is what is the norm on shifting these just leave in d mode or shift each gear when at the strip.also any info on the traction control to turn off will it b the same as my stp car just press and hold button? bye the way my r/t ran well but there is a big diff in the srt.i like it thks for any info mike:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I have a 2010 RT PCP auto with STP. I changed out the 3.06 rear end to a 3.92 Getrag. Which rear end is in the SRT? I found the 3.06 to high for drag racing and not a true posi. Also if the car is equipped with STP than you can hit the ESP once and it turns it 50% off. Hold it in for about 10 sec and all the bells and whistle will go off. You are in complete control and without a good set of DR's you'll smoke 1/2 the 1/4 mile. I like to run the car in auto stick and not D. Car runs stronger and shifts at around 5600-5800 RPM by itself. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
You traded the R/T for an SRT?

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
also any info on the traction control to turn off will it b the same as my stp car just press and hold button?
Yes the SRT you hold the ESP button for 7 seconds or so and it disables it.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
If you put the car in D and tap the T (shifter) handle to the right it will shift the car into 1st, tap again 2nd, ect. the same goes for down shifting just tap to the left. Running the car in auto stick allows you to shift the car through the gears. It also shuts off the MDS system and runs the car more aggressive. When drag racing and placing the shifter in 1st it will shift at about 5600-5800 by itself through the gears. Making for a more consistant ET. If your car has some miles on it from potential buyers test runs. With the auto's if you can pull the F2 fuse (under hood) and it will reset the adaptive driving computer to zero. Now drive it like you stoled it and it will also be more aggressive. Good luck
Yes the SRT you hold the ESP button for 7 seconds or so and it disables it.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If you put the car in D and tap the T (shifter) handle to the right it will shift the car into 1st, tap again 2nd, ect. the same goes for down shifting just tap to the left. Running the car in auto stick allows you to shift the car through the gears. It also shuts off the MDS system and runs the car more aggressive. When drag racing and placing the shifter in 1st it will shift at about 5600-5800 by itself through the gears. Making for a more consistant ET. If your car has some miles on it from potential buyers test runs. With the auto's if you can pull the F2 fuse (under hood) and it will reset the adaptive driving computer to zero. Now drive it like you stoled it and it will also be more aggressive. Good luck
One slight misstatement in your comment, SRT's don't have MDS, R/T's with auto do. But basically what he said about manual shifting the auto.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Roger That!
One slight misstatement in your comment, SRT's don't have MDS, R/T's with auto do. But basically what he said about manual shifting the auto.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You traded the R/T for an SRT?
hi jon,yes i did,my left ankle with all the metal in it has been getting to me so i found this srt in st.louis had to keep the plum color tho and missy can also drive this one. look forward to seeing you at mopars in may this year hope you are able to make it. mike:bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts