Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just an FYI for anyone else w/ a Magnasun SC, that might encounter this issue.
Background. Last week I installed one of those 3g ABS covers. In doing so, I re-arrainged by battery charger lead that goes on the postive stud by the fuze box. Apparently didn't tighten the nut enough and after driving the car for several hours on Saturday, as I returned home and turned in a cul-de-sac, the entire dask lights up: ABS, brake, engine light, ECT (looks like a lightning bolt), traction control, & BAP. Engine was still running and I driove into garage. Turned off and wouldn't start. Did a search on google which referred me back to here, and saw one of theissues may be a low voltage (like a bad battery). I checked the positive stud and sure enough, nut was finger tight. I re positioned the battery charger lead, tightened the nut and the ABS, traction control, BAP, and brake lights went out, but the engine code and ETC stayed on. Checked for the engine code and got a P0129, low barometric presuure, which indicates a MAP issue. I cleared the code and it came right back. I thought if I'd reinstall the SC tune, it would take car of the issue. Tried that and no success. Researched again and found someone else on the "other" forumn with a similar issue that said the SC tune had become corrupted. So, I download the saved SC tune from my computer to the Trinity and try again. Again, no success and I was starting to worry. Contacted the person who had the prior issue and he advised he had to get another tune from Magnasun. So, I contacted Magnasun tech and they emailed me a copy of my SC tune as well as my stock tune. (Hurray for Magnasun-excellant customer service!!) After loading it twice (first time, headspace and timing problem with me), car started up, no codes. My baby is whole again.:clap::clap: So, if you get a voltage spike or low voltage and the dash looks like an airplane console, going to crash, maybe this will work for you. Tom

1 - 1 of 1 Posts