Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some time this last Sunday to finally work on my own car and give it a 1 step correction taking out 90% of the swirls and removing water spots etc. I finished with mckees37 paint coating.

Took me about 7 or 8 hours with several breaks for water or talk to the wife.

G15
Griots correcting cream
Perfecting cream in a few spots
Yellow boss pad.
Mckees prep polish
Mckees paint coating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
Car looks gorgeous! It always feels satisfying to sit back and look at the results of your hard work.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Car looks GREAT. What do you use on your wheels? I have the same OEM plastic/chrome and have only used car wash and water but I'm wondering if I should apply something to protect.

Also, you know you can't drive your car anymore because it may get dirty. >:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car looks GREAT. What do you use on your wheels? I have the same OEM plastic/chrome and have only used car wash and water but I'm wondering if I should apply something to protect.

Also, you know you can't drive your car anymore because it may get dirty. >:)
Thanks!

I wash them with chemical guys diablo wheel cleaner and agitate them with my brush. I like the diablo because I can dilute it and get a lot for my money and its always worked well for me.

Once they're clean i put mckees37 hydro blue on the every other month. It's a spray on silica sealant that acts like a coating making none of the grime really stick.

In that pic all I did was hit the wheels with the pressure washer and all the brake dust washed off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will keep this updated with how it holds up. Directions say up to 2 years but I'm expecting around 1 year.

The price and ease of use for this product has me hoping I can use it to offer a budget minded coating package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts