Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a buddy detail my car at his new shop over the weekend and he added this extra touch: polished factory exhaust from the rear diff to the resonators.

Hard to notice unless your far back or specifically looking under the car, but I love it. I may work it a bit more in the future and see how much more shine I can get out of it, but it's a great start.

ex1.jpg ex2.jpg ex3.jpg

·
Registered
694 Posts
Had a buddy detail my car at his new shop over the weekend and he added this extra touch: polished factory exhaust from the rear diff to the resonators.

Hard to notice unless your far back or specifically looking under the car, but I love it. I may work it a bit more in the future and see how much more shine I can get out of it, but it's a great start.

View attachment 814201 View attachment 814209 View attachment 814217
nice touch that's for sure. that is one think that i think they could have done better on my sp, is not the sound as it's beautiful, but that enclosed black exhaust tip for an old chrome guy just doesn't get it like the dual dual chrome tips on my '09 r/t with magnaflow catbacks. to me just a more classy look. just wish had both , but when the sp starts gurgling & popping i forget about missing the chrome tips & makes me thinking about my old '71 340 duster w/glasspacks.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts

View attachment 814201 View attachment 814209 View attachment 814217
looks great - with the run of the axle back 3" pipes, you'd definitely see them. Now the question is, what to apply to keep them shiny...road spray from the rain hitting those hot pipes is going to change things.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks great - with the run of the axle back 3" pipes, you'd definitely see them. Now the question is, what to apply to keep them shiny...road spray from the rain hitting those hot pipes is going to change things.
I'm curious about that myself. I'll put them on the ramps again here in a couple weeks to see what it will take. It's a daily driver so it will definitely see some rain by then.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
AUTOSOL would work pretty good. It's a decent metal polish. I think I may try this myself with the car backed up on the ramps. Great idea. It looks great.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AUTOSOL would work pretty good. It's a decent metal polish. I think I may try this myself with the car backed up on the ramps. Great idea. It looks great.
That's all he did. I threw the Race Ramps in the trunk and took them to the shop with me.

I'll have to check out some of those products and give them a try. Looks like they might be good for maintaining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts